Welfare

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Dec 3, 2012.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Really?

In the recent past we noted the somewhat startling reality that "the single mom is better off earning gross income of $29,000 with $57,327 in net income & benefits than to earn gross income of $69,000 with net income and benefits of $57,045." While mathematics is our tool - as opposed to the mathemagics of some of the more politically biased media who did not like our message - the painful reality in America is that: for increasingly more Americans it is now more lucrative - in the form of actual disposable income - to sit, do nothing, and collect various welfare entitlements, than to work. This is such an important topic that we felt it necessary to warrant a second look. The graphic below quite clearly, and very painfully, confirms that there is an earnings vacuum of around $40k in which US workers are perfectly ambivalent toward inputting more effort since it does not result in any additional incremental disposable income. With the ongoing 'fiscal cliff' battles over taxes and entitlements, this is a problematic finding, since - as a result - it is the US government that will have to keep funding indirectly this lost productivity and worker output (via wealth redistribution).

[​IMG]

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I don't know what any of that means and the chart makes my brain hurt.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. martin

martin Banned Forever

poor people are poor because they are morons or they dont care.

only one thing in america is a significant expense, and that is health care. we are so rich that everyone has too much stuff.

last week a famous photo went around, a cop giving a homeless man some expensive winter boots. the homeless man is already barefoot again. the problem wasnt lack of boots. same thing with all poor people. the problems isnt lack of stuff. its stupidity or lack of motivation, which is perfectly understandable.

the notable exception is healthcare, which can bankrupt a normal person and make them actually poor. everything else is cheap and in great excess.

food stamps, for example, are absurd. nobody is hungry in america. poor people are fat.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think I read welfare recipients are up 30% under the Obama administration. Is that what this chart says.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Good response Martin

You made a lot of good points.

6. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Think it's 34 % now. And 73% of the jobs created are govt jobs. If Obama was the captain of a nucleAr powered ship. It'd now be the biggest rowboat in the ocean.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

this is a damn lie, government jobs are net loss. Private sector jobs are a net gained.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/06/under-obama-a-record-decline-in-government-jobs/

red55 likes this.
  8. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

This Chart Illustrating the Difference Between Job Growth ...
    www.theblaze.com/stories/this-chart-illustrating-the...
    This Chart Illustrating the Difference Between Job Growth & Welfare Participation Over the Last Four Years Is ... they separate the government job growth from the ...

I will give Barry credit where credit is do.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

due.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Due.