Well, mighty UAB sure did put on a show against 'Zona!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 20, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

85-63...Followed up a throttling of LSU by coming out playing "tough" and "hard" and "competing" before falling...by TWENTY FREAKING POINTS...

Wow...They sure do look ****ING GREAT, don't they!

Great job, Big Brady!

2. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Geez, the kids who is wrong about everything about LSU SEASON is back. Son, did you said that we cant beat anyone in SEC West last year?

As a matter of fact, we are the SEC West Champ.

Brady is a man who took the blame for LSU lost because his best shooters missed almost everything from the floor.

Is that X & O or there is more than that!!!

LOL.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Part of Brady's coaching plan included telling Mitchell to go 1-14 and Hudson to go 3-12. As if that was not enough, he also told Tack to go 4-11 and commit 7 turnovers while only dishing out 2 assists.

It's all Brady's fault. It's all in the coaching. Can't you understand what TE says? Geeeeeeesh! TE is dead on! He is so right! He is a basketball guru for goodness sake! You and everyone else should respect his word!

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's not unusual for a team to play way over their level for one game. Vitale pissed them off and they had a point to make. Kind of like Georgia in football last year. It didn't help that the Tigers played probably their worst game of the year but UAB would have been trouble for any team on Thursday night. Arizona faced the real UAB yesterday. I'm not making excuses for the Tigers because they played like crap.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You mean coaches like Self, Boeheim, Gottfried, Skinner, and Prosser, guys who are also going home instead of playing up to their potential. Or maybe even coaches like Tubby Smith, who lost to UAB in an even bigger upset last year, or Donovan, who's Gators were bounced twive in 12-7 matchups.

I'll repeat, anyone who wants to base how good or bad a coach is for the performance of his team in one game is an alarmist and doesn't use good common sense. I saw many, many supposed great teams struggle in this tourney against far less talented teams than UAB. Sh!!t happens, especially in a one and done tournament. That's why the NBA and Major League baseball use 7 game series to determine their champion. The ole cliche "on any given day" really applies to March Madness.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

So the terrific job he did this season goes completely unnoticed?

7. clair

clair Rockets

Mitchell and Hudson shouldnt have shot this often with the proper game plan!

Bass could have scored EVERYtime and he didn't seem to get the ball unless he rebounded it himself... That is what got me

8. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

I heard Brady before the game say the best way to beat a press is to let Tack beat it downcourt by his self, of course I thought he was joking and then the game started. I am by no means a basketball expert but there has to be ways to get your big men the ball even if the other team is paying extra attention to them which UAB was. Some of you people just don't get it, it's not that they lost, it's how they lost. Flat out embarrassed by a team that had not beat anyone in the top 50 all year.

9. clair

clair Rockets

EXACTLY!

Great post man!

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I'm basing how good or bad this coach is on 8 years...and you know it.