Well, mighty UAB sure did put on a show against 'Zona!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Mar 20, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Think. And all fans probably think that same thing about their team.

2. jeffoxiam

jeffoxiam Founding Member

I think you're wrong about Bass scoring every time. They shot from outside because they had to. UAB's defense was stifling in the first 3/4's of the game. They simply could not get a pass into the post. And UAB was all over it even with passes around the perimeter. Our guys looked lost out there for nearly the entire game. Whether or not it's Brady's fault i don't know, but our guys would score and not realize that UAB was already down the court taking a layup. You would think Brady would tell them to hustle down the court after scoring to defend, but who knows.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I actually wasn't referrint to you on that post even though the title of your thread suggests that you are giving one heck of a lot of weight to one game. Anyone that is basing their opinion of the coach on his career I have no problem with. I may disagree.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

One game can be a microcosm for a career...Or better yet, the ending to this season, and how inconsistent it was from the successful win streak we went on to end out the regular portion of it, is a microcosm for how this man brings a team along...

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I think there weren't any Savannah State fans out there who thought that this year...

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I'm geniunely beginning to think that you're happy that LSU lost last Thursday night. That you're actually pulling against the Tigers just to satisfy
    this near-pathological grudge that you have against Coach Brady.

Is that the attitude you've adopted, TE? That we must destroy this village in order to save it?

7. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

maybe if the coach would have mentioned to make more than one pass before heaving up a three, it would have helped. if your team is shooting poorly, attack the basket, pass the ball and get to the line. now it may not have worked, but what lsu did was to play right into their hands. i really don't think a great coach would have allowed the lapse that lsu displayed. not in the tourny.

8. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

The problem is that you’re missing the point. See, in case you and others haven’t noticed, we are hardly a one-dimensional team. In fact, our perimeter is our weakness and our interior is our strength – it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Now, since our perimeter is our weakness, Mike Anderson knew he would be able to exploit this by putting a little extra pressure, or coverage in the post. Instead of being patient, passing the ball around till we find a hole in the paint, or driving the ball to the goal, we settled for shot after shot after shot from the perimeter. And, since we had a cold night shooting, we looked awful as opposed to somehow staying in the game.

Most coaches would have called a timeout, ripped the guards and said “if you shoot one more time without getting at least one touch in the post, you’re gonna come out and sit the rest of the half”. Instead, Brady sat there with a sad face with the most defeated look I have ever seen with 32 minutes left to go in a game – which to me is as inexcusable as anything. If you see your leader as defeated, how are you going to feel?

Against UAB we needed to do a few very specific things: Not turn the ball over, be patient on offense, and exploit the inside. We accomplished none of these things. The normal fan chalks it up as a bad game for our guards, or just pure shooting, but the reality is that many of these things are actually controllable. Don’t take the first decent perimeter shot and continue moving the ball around, then get it to one of our phenomenal post players – it’s a shame we won’t ever know if it would have worked since it never happened.

9. wingman

wingman Founding Member

Yeah, and one post can be a microcosm for an idiot.

What a whimpering, silly ass you are.

LSU Basketball = 2005 SEC West Champs

:geauxtige Get 'em in 2006

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

early nomination for post of the year 2005.