Well...We won ugly just about every other conference game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Nov 21, 2004.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I agree with most of the assessments of the game and the team. I will not get involved in this soap opera rivarly that has consumed this great website, I will just discuss LSU sports, and anything having to do with sports in general if it applies to the interests of the posters on this board. I agree with TE on most accounts of the game. I love the team and was happy with the W last night, here's to beating the razorbacks next week!

2. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Thanks TE

I appreciate your opinions and the work you do in expressing them.

I personally wish I had more time to contribute to TigerForums, but thank you and all those who make this such a great forum to read. Yes, even your concise detractors add to the spice of the forum. (I like Tabasco as well, but wouldn't want to make a meal of it.)

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I elect QBLuke the arbitrator for this website. lol.

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

TE, IMo your post is well thought out, but it took some patience for me to get through it. I agree with you on much of it.

IMHO, the only thing this talent-laden LSU team is missing is a couple of key leaders that can form the individuals into a team. Synergy - Mauck had it, and nobody has yet stepped in to fill the void. LSU is a lot closer to putting it together than many might believe..... the talent is definitely there.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I don't get it.

You and TE are both very important contributors on this board. Sabanfan's up there, too.

I hate to see the folks that we look up to fighting with each other.

My own take on the whole season is this: I didn't think that we would struggle so very much at QB and I didn't think that our CBs would struggle at all.

I've been surprised by nothing else but this, and the sad infighting.

6. islstl

Definitely must agree with you JL that the play at CB has been most disappointing. Those are the guys who allowed us to be so aggressive in our front 7. It has made all the difference in the world from being an absolutely great D to only a good D, and at times not good at all.

7. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I believe islstl just wants to see his number of posts go up. :wink:

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree.
    At what point did you decide to become the arbiter of where and how thoughts are to be posted? It's getting annoying.
    The difference between you and TE is that he confines his thoughts to one post. You've been bitching about the "horrible performance" in about 15 different threads.

9. islstl

I am surprised we didn't see the "Look at me, I'm SabanFan, read my thoughts about the Ole Miss game"

Well at least you spared us of that.

And your 15 posts thingy is not quite accurate, but it does allude to my point that we don't need 15 different threads about the Ole Miss game.

Thanks for supporting me on that thought.

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Maybe if alot of the 'veteran' posters here forgot about their egos and just talked about football, then we wouldnt have these little petty arguements. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but some people don't appreciate being talked down to, like they aren't smart enough to understand the analysis... also when some unnamed veterans come into a game thread that is full of anxiety, especially in a close game, and make derogatory comments about some of the quotes... I think that is a little uncalled for, during a close game, emotions run high, people post on the moment, not for consumption as their post game opinion.