Well...We won ugly just about every other conference game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Nov 21, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If you're talking about me, I never post during in game threads. In fact, I rarely ever read them after the game. But, I do think it's amusing how worked up people get over things that occur during the course of a game. Maybe it's because I've experienced a lot over my 55 years and I can give the team's performance it's relative ranking in the greater scheme.

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Well, when I watch LSU football, I probably get about as close to a stroke as a 24 year old can get. I type emotion, not opinion.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Looks like you're about as in touch with the readership of this site and their opinions as John Kerry is with the South & Middle America...

istltlmcdlt...When I got really annoyed with LSU, and I got really annoyed with the outcomes I was seeing and the replays I was watching and the performances of our players, I practiced something you're in DIRE need of...

I disconnected...I didn't listen to the radio shows here in town. I didn't read the paper. I didn't even access this site for about a month and a half-DURING THE SEASON.

I just let it go, and realized that it's JUST A GAME, and I didn't want to be drawn into meltdown after meltdown over what I might or others might deem mediocre performances and myself or others might disagree with as mediocre performances.

It's obvious that you've bitten off more than you can chew...Why not go grab a nice cup of coffee, if it's cold out...Enjoy the oncoming fall...But make sure it's decaf, friend...

;-)

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Thanks, TE, you're a real swell pal.

I knew there was something I liked about you.

5. islstl

I type realistic opinion.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It helps that I travel a lot. I'm usually gone to another city in the week after games so I don't have to read LSU account or listen to local sportstalk radio. By Friday, I'm fired up and ready to go again. I do check in on TF though. Someone has to keep you people in line. :wink:

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

..and you have retyped and retyped and retyped and retyped and basically cust & pasted and cut & pasted and cut & pasted and retyped and retyped and retyped and retyped that opinion far too much for some people's taste here today...

No one is saying you're stupid or insulting your intelligence, but you are typing as if you've had too many Red Bull's and are eating Sugar Babies soaked in Pure Sugar and chasing the Red Bull's with Starbucks Love...

You appear to be coming off a bit frazzled today, mcdlt...Ease up.

8. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

mcdlt - that was classic :D

Cool crisp lettuce and tomato on one side....piping hot patty on the other.

Bring back the McLean!!

9. islstl

The mcdlt thing is cute....the 885th time he's done it, but cute nonetheless.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think the O-line played very well last night. They got one back a school rushing record and got another one over 100, despite Ole Miss palying 8 in the box with safties up. I know they gave up some sacks and JR was pressured alot, but most of that came on blitzes.

I too was surprised not to see Randall more - especially on Sr night. Has anyone heard any more about that? Qb situation is really starting to worry me. 2nd straight game with under 100 yards passing is definately not good. If it's not corrected, the worst case scenario could affect recruiting of receivers etc. Who wants to come to a school where the QB can't get them the ball when they're wide open. I think that situation is kind of drastic, but is something to think about.

I think the defense played pretty well and won't be as critical as TE was - even though I understand his points. They're solid unit that's been carrying us for most of the year and step it up when they need too. They only gave up one offensive touchdown - which wouldn't have happened if special teams would've been awake on the fake punt. Biggest thingI'd like to see them improve on is their tackling.