Well we won

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 4, 2010.

1. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Because he had to kick his best recruit/starting QB off the team and has been playing catch up ever since? Do you not get how this works?

College programs rise and fall, it's cylical. I think it may have a little something to do with the rosters turning over every 3-4 years. Just maybe.

Give him a chance to get all of his best recruits (i.e., the more recent classes) up to speed in the post Perrilloux era. They are all sophomores and freshmen.

We must be patient.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Cause the talent don't do squat by itself, that's why. Why didn't Zook win with the fine talent he inherited from Spurrier? Why didn't Dubose win with the fine talent he inherited from Stallings? Cause the talent don't do squat by itself!

The 2007 team had 23 of Nick's former recruits out of a roster of 85. Most were redshirts under Nick and never played a game for him. They were Les' players in 2007 for damn sure.

Did you imagine that LSU was going to win 11 or 12 every single year? :insane: Who does, by the way?

LSU slumped to 8 and 9 wins and mere January bowl games because Les had to dismiss his starting quarterback and we started green QBs for two straight seasons. That and the two-headed DC thing, which we can blame on Les . . . but he fixed that.

1 person likes this.
  3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You've got to be kidding me...right, Fan Zone?

I'm not sure what you're claiming because of all the unclear antecedents in your post, but I believe you're saying that Miles won with Saban's players?

We've been through this so many times...but I'll repeat anyway.

Miles was the coach that won the BCS championship in his THIRD year here. correct?

Well that means that he did it with two years of athletes that he recruited himself...right? and that also means that the upperclassmen that were on the team were FRESHMEN and REDSHIRT FRESHMEN under Saban...right?

And that means that they received NO reps (to speak of) in practice under Saban because he was too busy working with his first and second string players while the players you are referring to as Saban's were on the sidelines doing jumping jacks or whatever.

So that means that Coach Les Miles and his staff coached and developed these players that were left over after Saban bolted for the pros...for, by your own claim, THREE YEARS of development under Coach Les Miles right????

Anyone who claims that Miles won with Saban's players is distorting the truth to suit his own anti Miles agenda...

...so let me ask you, what was your opinion of Miles "winning with Saban's players" immediately after we destroyed Ohio State in the BCS championship game? I'll bet you were running around beating your chest shouting "Go Tigers!!' to everyone in sight and hearing distance weren't you.

I bet you were chest bumping everyone around you in a display of "Look at me !!! I like LSU. LSU won the national championship!! I am, therefore, a winner too!!!!"

So let me ask you, when did you decide that it was right to completely discredit this supreme accomplishment of Coach Les Miles?

Was it two years ago when he won EIGHT games? or was it last year when he improved to NINE games?

I bet it had to do with both seasons together when he "won ugly"...and insulted you...because those two seasons of eight and nine wins were disappointing to you because he lost some games you thought he should have won...and he won some close games because of luck.

And I bet your hatred of Miles came about because you thought he was responsible for making you into a loser since you could no longer thump your chest saying..."I like LSU...they are winners...therefore I am a winner!!"

Miles must have had some nerve insulting you like that...No wonder you are taking Saturday's lucky win so personally.

4. stevescookin

Sorry Fan Zone, I take it back....

Winning the National Championship was NOT Coach Les Miles' greatest accomplishment.

It was his very first year when he actually did "win with Saban's players" !!

You remember it was the year of Katrina. The year when that LSU team of Saban's players had every right to just fold up and die...because at least half of the team had friends or relatives that actually did die...

...Because most of the team had family or friends who lost their homes in Katrina...

...Because not just the team, but everyone else in South Louisiana had their lives completely turned inside out, upside down and suddenly, overnight, football wasn't that important any more.

You remember, it was the year that the Saints lost just about every game in the season because they had to play on the road...it was the year that Tulane lost every single game. I'm not sure of USL's record and I'm not sure that Nichols state even completed a full season.

It was the year that Coach Les Miles COACHED the LSU team to a number five national ranking...with a complete destruction and humiliation of Miami in a BCS bowl game...It was the year that he followed up with a number five recruiting class despite the fact that almost all of the Louisiana recruits were displaced and no one knew where to.

It was the year that Coach Les Miles turned in probably the greatest coaching effort of all time....with Saban's players.

So why don't you just extend your logic to discredit Miles when he really did win with Saban's players.

5. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Preach brotha...except the Chick-fil-A bowl isn't a BCS Bowl.

6. stevescookin

I couldn't remember which bowl game it was. Thanks for pointing out that inaccuracy

I think the people that think Miles is a bad coach are going to be all over these posts of mine...and that's fine. They can argue their points all they want like:

Les Miles can't motivate the players
    Les Miles can't make in game or between game adjustments
    Les Miles can't manage the clock
    Les Miles can't manage the offense
    Les Miles can't hire the right assistants.

etc...

When they give examples to back up their point, I'm all ears...

But...when they try to discredit the man's legitimate accomplishments with distortion of the truth or revisionist history in order to play to the ignorant masses who can only say "Miles won with Saban's players.", they are resorting to degrading babble...and there's no need to do that.

It also indicates that the reason for their discontent is personal in some way. I bet these are the same people who are booing LSU players at the games...the players like Jarrett Lee who are trying their hearts out.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

^
    :LSU231: