Well we won

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Except for a couple of big plays the offense was pretty bad for the most part.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Exactly, two big plays in the first half was the entire offense for the game. If not for the NC turn overs and great returns by the LSU special teams the offense might not have scored at all.

3. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

A win is a win is a win. I predicted a seven point victory and we won by six points. A lot of people saw that UNC would be missing some players and figured we would blow them out of the water. We made some mistakes (particularly fumbling the ball when we were trying to burn out the clock late in the fourth quarter) in the second half that nearly cost us. However, it was our first game of the season, against a ranked opponent, in a neutral location, while running a supposedly revamped offensive scheme, while other teams blew out bullchit opponents. I'm happy with the win, and am satisfied with it as a first game:geauxtige

4. cajunk0812

cajunk0812 Freshman

yeah we barely pulled that one out of our a$$es. How do we blow a 30 to 10 lead at the half to almost losing the game.

5. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

That's my concern, too. I say keep whipping them till you're up by fifty. :eek:ldskule:

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I have, time after time, defended Miles and company, but I am NOT happy with that win. I was happy at halftime. I was perplexed by the end of the 3rd quarter as to why we hadn't managed to score on a "depleted" team (didn't look that depleted, by the way). By the end of the game, I was livid. In fact, my fingers are still shaking as I type this.

You know, in '07, it was sort of an adrenaline rush scraping by opponents (though twice that year we were scraped), but it's actually grown kind of old. I would really like to line up and smash some teams in the mouth for 4 quarters.

7. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

That I completely agree with. I have no clue why we took our foot off the gas.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

UNC was ranked before they lost 12 players, mostly starters. They would not have been ranked with out them. A win may be a win, but the way you win also tells you a lot about your team. Unless there is drastic improvement 8 wins might be too much to ask for given the schedule.

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Arky two years ago. We are pretty good at it.

Well as a resident sunshine pumper. I got nothing this time.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

wow