Well we won

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 4, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Bama looked stellar. Jus sayin. :hihi:

2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Many things can be written off as first game jitters, playing ranked team instead of bs team, etc. but not being able to stop a quick slant worried me when I saw it. It also makes me think that the secondary may not be as good as originally said.

3. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Wow. Ignorance truly is bliss.

4. Chase4LSU

I was hosting a bbq party for the game, and when things went sour in the second half, one person said "This is BS, Oregon beat their team 72-0 and look at us!" I asked them who Oregon played. Their response was "It doesn't matter." I called them a negatiger and walked away.

5. Chase4LSU

How am I ignorant, exactly?

6. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

We looked like a very young team. Fumbles, crucial penalties, etc...

Now to live up to my Avatar...

UNC was a MUCH better team than UW from last year. Our Offense was pretty much killing them the first three quarters when we weren't shooting ourselves in the foot. Our offense barely touched the ball in the 4th and basically continued to shoot ourselves in the foot. Losing our OG on the first play of the game did not help. Terrible terrible mistakes occurred but ones that can be fixed. That long throw for the TD to Randle was important and if repeated in the next game will open up the offense for the rest of the season.

Our defense was up against a pretty much intact offense. They were missing a RB and a WR. We were missing a Safety and a LB. Even Steven. In the second half, they got the one LONG TD on a blown coverage and they exploited our inablity to stop the slant in our 2 minute defense. That can be fixed. That UNC QB was GOOD in the 4th quarter. Plus our O did nothing to help our defense in the 4th quarter.

The coaches deserve a beating for letting up off of the gas. They will get it from the media and fans until we beat our next three ranked opponents. They deserve it and should apologize to the team for sending them the wrong signal when they subbed out half of the defense in the 3rd quarter.

1 person likes this.
  7. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

You are happy with it and satisfied with it. Even the most sunshiney of sunshiners can't say that.

You must chit rainbows.

8. TigerBill661

TigerBill661 Life is Good

You always have a way of cheering me up. Glad to see you back!!

1 person likes this.
  9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I believe my remark to my parents back in Baton Rouge after the game was, "Wow, UNC must be playing all of their players very well. Those back-ups weren't half bad."

And I watched a lot of football today. UNC was FAR from the worst team I saw today.

However, I have some serious concerns about our team.

10. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Hold on now. I don't think they let the foot off the gas on purpose. I believe the foot slipped off and they didn't know it.:hihi: