Well we won

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Sep 4, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

U R 2 sweet.

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

What I hate about this game:

Jefferson STILL held onto the ball too long and made bad decisions with intentional grounding. I am not sure if has really improved that much with last year's experience under his belt.

Play not to lose playcalling in the second half; is it partly a vote of no confidence on Jefferson's passing? The offense suddenly shyed away from the passing game after the incompletion by Sheppard when he was hit pretty hard by the UNC secondary (forgot which period).

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I'm not too worried about it. Other SEC schools didn't look good today against much less competition. We played a #18 team (albeit a lot of their backups) and we came away with a win. Was I happy with the second half? Hell no. My point is, most teams work the bugs out against much lesser competition. We have issues to work out as well, but we're doing it against a higher level of competition. Do any of you think Jacksonville State could have beat this NC team we played? I don't.

I think this team has a lot of work to do, but it's not as bad as it may seem. I did see some things I like:

4 Sacks.. isn't that more than we got all last year or something?
    1 Sacks allowed.. Even with Jefferson dropping back 20 yards... More of this please.
    176 yards rushing.. not spectacular, but a welcome improvement.
    Russell Shepard - we got what we wanted, more touches for him and it worked.
    Reuben Randle - Just showed us a glimpse of what he could do if someone would throw the ball at him.
    Patrick Peterson - Dude is not human.

I gotta watch it again before I have much else to say, but for now I say we won our first game. It was ugly, but hey.. at least we're not Ole' Miss.

1 person likes this.
  4. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

But Nootch, it's the same things every year!!!

Poor game management from Miles, stupid penalties, missed tackles, lack of aggressiveness on O, etc, etc, etc.

5. GreatestStory

GreatestStory LSU Faithful

Great post Nutriaitch...... you need to open up a 2nd & 3rd account and make a few more post like this.

While I was not happy with the win, it is still a win. Instead of spewing my opinion on things I liked (or didn't), I would rather DISCUSS some things and see how you guys feel.

The 2 questions I have are:

Why did T-Blob came into the game in the 3rd quarter? Did I miss an injury?

How does everyone feel about P Peterson coming to the line and blitzing?

To me, It seems like if you want to blitz an extra guy, then send a linebacker (maybe a safety). Sending your best coverage guy opens yourself up to potential trouble.

6. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Did you watch the first half? The bad snaps, fumbles, safety into the back of the endzone. The QB and RBs were getting stopped behind the line. Nevis was in on every play. They looked like a high school team out there for the most part. And LSU played it safe and we saw a completely dead team in the crowd and on the sidelines come alive.

It should have been at least 42-7 without letting up. They were absolutely awful in the first half and the third quarter.

Don't forget this. The idea that UNC played hard the whole game is a joke. They didn't play hard until LSU played soft.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It looks as if you chit fire... Whats your point.

Some of us DO enjoy the game even with what we dont agree with....

Cry doesn't do football any good.

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

exactly. we have issues that need fixin'.

but we weren't playing against Ellender High School like most here seem to think.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

??? SO their 2 fumbles then scoring a TD is playing soft?

They made some good plays off some of our guys getting burnt, SIMPLE. We did the same MORE OFTEN, thats the difference.

Despite how much you want UNC to be a high school team with rejects from the short bus, they arent.

10. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I'm happy that we won, yes. If you are not, I suggest you go root for another team that lives up to your expectations. I'm satisfied that we won our first game against a ranked opponent when other teams were playing lame opponents that they were predicted to beat by 30-50 points to begin with. I didn't say it was pretty or that we were the most stupendous team that ever graced the gridiron with our presence, but we won. There's lots of work to be done, sure, but it isn't a lost cause.

As far as what I chit, well, I don't see why you would care what I chit to begin with