well??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by clair, Apr 18, 2006.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

The opposite side of that argument, is that when some of us try to find something positive with the players and support them, we are called apathetic, etc.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been all "rah, rah, Smoke". I said good job by Dardar to get out of the inning without MORE damage, not "great inning Smoke". And I do think something went right. Tulane leaving the bases loaded was a good thing, IMO. I know the game was ugly, but I was commenting on Dardar not letting those Tulane base runners score. (That inning could have been much worse!) But to some, all positive comments are a crime.

Respect for opinions works two ways. I haven't called out those that want Smoke's head on a silver platter. Being supporting of the team and focusing on things the players do right does not make me a bad fan.

2. clair

clair Rockets

you don't like Smoke, Brady, or Les...

And we just went to the Final 4, finished in the Top 5 in football, and are gonna have a really good baseball team if everyone stays...

If you can't see that something is wrong with that, then you need some help, bro...

it's one thing to call for Smoke's head, because the program has disappointed, but how can you be unpleased with a Final 4 team

and a team that went 11-2 in the middle of 2 hurricanes?

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Hah.. I didn't say that!!!! What I said is that I'm upset with the hiring process of smoke and les. I maintain that the best coaches available should be hired, not the ones who will allow the AD to retain the camp money and not the ones that will accept a lower salary.

I agree that two of three programs are doing just fine, in fact excellent performance wise. Having said that....

The basketball and baseball programs need a change to be made at the head position. Success or no, LSU cannot afford to continue having coaches at the helm that the fans don't like and won't come out and support.

4. clair

clair Rockets

I promise you fans will pack the PMac next year...

PROMISE...

That is just how LSU basketball fans are... You have to be a serious contender to bring in the people.

You can't fire a Final 4 coach b/c the fans don't like him...

if the school was THAT concerned about the money, they would move the students behind the goals and sell our expensive seats to others...

And as for Les's hiring process...

Who was a better candidate? Steve Spurrier is about the only one that comes to mind, and he wouldn't have come here even if we had the chance...

P.S.... who cares if they coaching for free...

As long as we winning

5. LSUDeek

I agree. You cannot fire a final four coach. And I disagree that the fans will come out next year. They had ample opportunity to sell out the building after we won the SEC and they didn't. edit: obviously you've addressed that issue but i still disagree that the fans will "pack the pmac"

jack del rio. that situation was completely bungled. also i would have at least given guys like rich rodriguez a call.

edit: what i was really referring to was the artificial salary limitation enforced by skip. "we won't pay Saban money". why not? what if you could get someone who was worth it? urban meyer got saban money.

6. clair

clair Rockets

when were you hired in the athletic building that you know exactly everyone we called?

7. LSUDeek

i edited my post to reflect that i obviously cannot know everything that went on. however i can criticise the public statement that WAS made.