Wells tells Stanley to stick it

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jun 23, 2006.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

uhh sorry but lsu athletics doesn't see a dime of tution money.

and lets see when emmert was here admission standards increased at a far greater percentage then any other time in the history of the university.

if mark was here today we would prolly still have saban.

the proffessors think every person in that position is average if they don't get exactly what they want. hell half the proffessors are kooks anyways. who gives a damn what they think.

2. LSU

LSU Founding Member

No where did I say or allude that LSU athletics get any tuition money.

And while admission standards increased under Emmert more than at any point in LSU history (all of what, about 20 years?), the largest increase in actual increase in students enrolled came after Emmert left. That is so even though Emmert's reign began a year after TOPS began, which certainly should mean Emmert's reign should have seen such growth..

3. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I seriously doubt we could have kept Saban once Wayne H. came back to town the second time offering 5.6 mill a year with or w/o Emmert still at LSU..

BUT, if Emmert was still here we would have Butch Davis or Jack Del Rio...

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Don't want Butch, but I'd take JDR in a heartbeat over lester. Defense wins championships.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

we could have gotten jack anyways if skip didn't have such and ego.

also marks leaving had a lot to do with saban leaving. as did marks leaving have a lot to do with blanco being elected.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with the precept that there are only two head coaches in the entire country who can rebuild the baseball program.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I thought Blanco was elected because of all the ignorant racists, personally. Thinking about it infuriates me. Now, Emmert may have left in part because of Louisiana politics, but I think he wanted the job in Washington and would have trouble passing it up even if Louisiana gave him everything he wanted. How is Washington's new football coach doing, BTW? I've heard not very impressive. It is hard to fault that hire though (at least, IMO).

8. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I agree, I think he is the best choice for LSU. He's done a great Job at the C of C, he would do great with LSU's talent.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't think he means that those are the only two capable, he means if you can't get the two guys with such close LSU and Louisiana ties who can you get? This coaching search by Bertman looks very much like his last search for a baseball coach and we know how that one was bungled. Maybe we'll get lucky and land Pawlowski, let's hope Bertman doesn't screw that up too.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't have to ask, I worked for him. Emmert had greater respect among LSU faculty than his predecessor and far more so than his successor. LSU faculty and administrators received three across-the-board raises during Emmert's short tenure. That rarely happened with his predecessors and his successor has gotten us ZIPPO.

What Emmert didn't do was bend over and kiss the political asses of the Board of Supervisors, . . . something you seem to be very good at.