Welter Skelter Defense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Jun 25, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

And thats been his major flaw. He doesn't effectively plug the hole. You can go back and watch, he gets blocked very easily. Minter was an animal and Sheppard laid the freaking wood.

TO the words Chavis said, not one thing about the athleticism of Welter or his play making ability. He basically said Welter is a nice guy and knows the plays. Then Chavis goes on to talk about the intangibles of Beckwith. Two very different tones if you ask me.

Bottom line, both will be playing.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

If not, the main reason.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I wont disagree with much, but once the play starts, this was not the case "all the time". Welter was an easy target to block. I should also say the D line freaking stunk last year to which didn't help the kid.

This is an old debate, but Welter and Beckwith will split time. I would assume Welter gets the starts.

4. Kal-El012

Welter is smart, coachable, and mature. That is the reasons why he is on the field.

red55 likes this.
  5. Kal-El012

That's why I wanted to amend it, repost in simple terms.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Bingo.

And you certainly don't want a LB that tries to avoid contact. That dude is scared to get in the fray. That's pathetic.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

players improve, i wrote the guy off last year because he was awful.
    do we have better talent behind him, yes of course. But im in a wait and see mode, he could be a good steady player next season.

islstl and LSUpride123 like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Right before Welter signed with LSU, I was talking with a college coach, asking if he had any info on him, his reply. " I talked with Louie Cook(Head Coach at Notre Dame of Crowley) the other day, he said the DJ was the best LB he had ever coached there!"

9 LB's saw action last year, should see more of the same. I think LB, DB and DE are the strengths of this year, DT if a few guys come around. Still looks to be a good year on that side of the ball.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Welter did have a great game vs Iowa. But then again, so did Freak, so we'll have to see what that means over the long-term.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

We've been lucky with so many good DTs over the past decade, including DTs that can rotate in to give the starters a breather. How many DTs are expected to be in the rotation this year and who do you see emerging as the guys that get the most snaps?

LSUDad likes this.