Welter Skelter Defense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Jun 25, 2014.

1. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Stats and stat sheets are one thing, what we see is another. I don't like bad mouthing LSU players, especially ones I feel give it their all. I just .. I saw some of what people are saying here. There were definitely times he looked timid out there, afraid of some of the bigger players running through. I hope I'm wrong and we see a much better DJ this year.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

So he makes a good valid point in rebuttal and someone pissed in his cherrios? His post is exactly what a forum debate should be.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

And I agree with that, but I say we saw it with every LB we've had for about the last 25 years or so, except for Bradie James and Michael Brooks. They were on attack mode from the first moment they stepped on the field. We just tend to remember the players last year starting instead of their first year. We haven't had any super studs like Patrick Willis, Godfrey, etc. this past decade.

TigerTap likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Linebackers have to be able to stop the outside sweep and drop back into pass coverage as well as stop an inside run. It is not unusual for a linebacker to be cautious and even hesitate to avoid committing to a fake and being out of position to get into the real play. This should no be construed as being "timid", it is playing the position as he was coached. His coaches and teammates would not put up with a player that is afraid to play. It's just not a valid complaint. Slow, maybe. Not as athletic as his predecessor, maybe. But he's damn sure not stupid as he is making the defensive calls out there, nor cowardly as he has the confidence of Chief, who is seeing the same game that we are.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

No its not a good point to say the coaches are always right. Some people go too car in criticizing players and some people get too offended.

The coaches are not perfect and Chief, Miles, and CC have all made mistakes before. As have we.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Stats do not tell the entire side of the story. We freaking sucked vs the run last year and our major weak points were D'line and LB's.

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Milli Vanilli won best new act award too

8. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I would not say he is stupid at all, I do give Chief the benefit of doubt and think he's out there because he makes the right calls. I just know after it was pointed out I saw more than once where a big ass rb was running through and it seriously looked like after he got trucked a few times he was giving it half his heart, not running head long. He is not a great athlete either ... so I hope he worked his ass off over the last year.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

So what you're saying is that you have no idea what you're talking about?

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Chief will put the best players on the field to win games. Like I said last year, teams had better get their shots in on him. This year, Chief's punching back. He has in place the players he needs to be really good this year.

ParadiseiNC and TigerTap like this.