Welter

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 15, 2013.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

this kid is athletically retarded

this isn't a case of when is the lightbulb going to come on, in fact LSU is putting him out there because of his "smarts" allegedly

not saying he doesn't understand the game, but he simply does not belong on the field at a BCS school

simple eye test tells you that

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, I agree. Just pointing out about Minter, but I don't have expectation that Welter is gonna follow this progression, lol.

3. islstl

you're absolutely right about Minter, he was lost on the field the year before, and made the most amazing progression in just 1 year

4. islstl

We've discussed this a little before, but does anybody remember an LSU defender that was this inept physically that started and played as much as Welter did this season?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I think it's overkill to call out one guy over and over on a completely inept defense especially when the talent elsewhere is light years ahead of our lbs. IMO it's worse to be talented and suck as bad as less talented guys who can't do anything about it.

How about a little help from all world freak and ego. Talk about flame outs. They should have been leaders yet laid idly on the turf as bamas oline shit stomped them in the ground. In a game that was supposed to represent their pride. Enough of the welter piling on. Pile on the guys who used lsu as a stepping stone and gave little effort.

cajdav1, sunnyjim, StaceyO and 7 others like this.
  6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Exactly.

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I'm always a glass half full kinda guy.

I've agreed Welter is weak .... hell .. for that matter .. he sucks!! But it seems when I watch that he simply doesn't know how to play MLB. He consitently takes the wrong path and gets trapped by a lineman. He doesn't step up into holes ... and as we noted last time ...he has this problem of stepping aside and then dragging down from behind. BUT .. is this coachable?? Can you teach a person better reactions?, better skills?? better yet .. do we have the LB coach to teach him to be a better LB??

I'm not sure what you are meaning by he is athletically retarded?? Are you meaning physically ... or in terms of acumen?? In comparison to the other LSU LBs, He's the 3rd heaviest LB on our roster at 6.0 226lb. Only Feist and Jones are heavier. Both of them are SOs, Welter is just a JR ... I can't help but wonder why these two guys aren't on the field more. All in all, LSU's LB core is small and light. Heck .. I"m bigger than most of these kids!! Compare that to Bama's LB core ... not a one is under 235 ... only ONE LSU LB is over 235.

Why isn't Alexander the MLB?? It seems to me that Welter would be better on the outside where he doesn't have to decide which way the play is going!

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Alexander probably can't set up the play like Welter which at this point I'm thinking is the only reason Welter is on the field, and Kwon can also cover the slot because of his speed. In theory at least because they don't play much man if any. So maybe Kwon is outside to protect the flats and sideline in the running game.

9. islstl

i see what you did there.jpg

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member