Were they that stupid?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Baby Huey has a 12 million buy out.
    All of you in here so loyal you only buy purple and gold condoms explain this to me. They hire a head coach at a cheaper salary who was receiving NO other competing offers and then burden a program already paying a shit load to coaches not to coach -Elmer, Sham Cameron, and Round ball JJ with another financial albatross to the tune of 12 mil???
    Who the fuck was LSU going to lose Baby Huey to? Nichols???
    My point being- if the powers that be are this incompetent . We can have the Evil Dwarf back on the sideline with Jesus calling plays in press box and this ain’t getting fixed.
    Boys there ain’t no cure for stupid.

islstl, StaceyO and TigerTap like this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

everyone is aware of the buyout. No one here is loyal to Oeaux except peepeecoocoo. Shitting all over the season should be done subtly like I do.

StaceyO, GregLSU, kcal and 6 others like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

[​IMG]

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The buyout is no longer $12 million. It is $8.5 million this year, $6 million for 2019,
    $4.5 million for 2020 and $1 million for 2021.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

‘A few million here a few million there soon you talking real money ‘

— Everett Dirksen

Winston1, HalloweenRun and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  6. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I think it's a money laundering op.

Somebody's getting rich off that buyout.

GregLSU likes this.
  7. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

I think you have to look at it another way, where we just asked two coaches if they wanted the job and they only wanted us to increase the bidding at other places. Just look at how much fun Tenn had on their coaching search.

Also, firing Miles was required and at that time, who was out there that was better... and wanted the job?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Herman never wanted LSU. We tried on Jimbo a year to early and offered too little.

LSUTiga, CaryLab and ParadiseiNC like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Has a lot to do with the process as well. I think a lot of people took note of how we fired Elmer. They took note of how much talent he had and how he never really got them to their potential but in the end they still fired a pretty good but really stubborn coach. That could have something to do with why they didn't want to come. Once Ed is out we will get a much bigger fish and taint will still shit all over it.

10. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

And Les Miles is still without a head coaching gig. We tried getting Herman and Fisher. Neither one we could afford and neither one wanted to come here. Orgeron was safe and he’s someone who loves LSU. I think it’s more than just a paycheck with Orgeron I really believe he loves LSU and has pride in the program. I don’t always agree with Alleva but Orgeron was the third option and has proven in 2 places that if anything he can at least maintain with what we have been doing. With the exception of adapting to modern offensive game planning and bringing in quality assistant coaches and that’s what he’s done. In both years as interim he had gone 6-2, once at USC and at LSU. He may not be our first choice but we definitely could have done a lot worse. If I’m looking around the SEC Tennessee, Mississippi State, Arkansas and Florida all with new head coaches. It’s just the norm in college football. No one wants to fall into mediocrity in the SEC. it’s the most competitive conference in America and you have to do what you have to do. I think going 9-4 last year was pretty good for Coach Orgeron giving the circumstances. As far as losing to Troy Saban lost to UAB in his first season as LSU HC and UL Monroe in his first year at Bama...