Wesley Clark

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by M.O.M, Jan 22, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

"aware of the consequences of doing away with marriage."

marriage can only exist with the magical hand of government?

thats odd. i can think of plenty of things that are not mandated by the government but still manage to exist.

i am aware that you think wizards are cool and you believe in magic and you think its silly that i dont. to me it doesnt seem silly to not believe in magical creatures. from my perspective it seems like the crazy thing is to assume such things are invisibly controlling the world. to me it doesnt seem crazy to be rational.

2. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

Laws can only exist with government.
    Then again, I guess You and I can come up with some laws between ourselves and I guess enforce it physically if one of us breaks the laws we agree upon.
    Not sure that will work though.
    Same with marriage laws.
    An entire new and separate universe and scheme can be set up by individuals reflecting some arrangement, call it marriage or whatever catchphrase you want. Then, you can take that new scheme, petition your government for some recognition or stamp of approval, if you choose, or you may choose to avoid the government altogether.
    But, that is no reason to overturn legal marriages.
    If two people of the opposite sex choose to get married, they can take advantage of the system that has been created for their benefit in some cases, and detriment in others, ie. the so-called marriage tax penalty.
    And, I said I am cool with your distaste for religion.
    You've figured it out. The intelligence you exhibit by your rejection of religion is unchallenged by me. It's hip I know.
    Its a solid deconstruction of the societal norms forced upon us by centuries of heterosexual white protestant males to suppress the vigor and creativity of the intelligent class.
    I''m not calling you crazy at all. In fact some of the most passionate, nay practically all of the most passionate preaching of ones worldview have come from the radically Secular choir.
    I guess that's my fault. I haven't attended enough Sunday services to offset the incessant preaching of the secular congregation.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

you arent interesting to me anymore.

4. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

Hell, I didn't know that was the standard.
    I wouldn't have participated in a discussion with you had interest been a criteria after I read your first post, apropos of nothing, comparing religion to wizardry.
    That alone told me you were just reciting what you had been told without a scintilla of original thought.
    And had obviously been brainwashed by some tweeded professor.