Western Illinois ranked #1 in division 1-AA -- This could be a test

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Sep 10, 2003.

1. wiuneck

wiuneck Freshman

If your friend is "researching" you might look into our game at Mizzou in 2001. We got beat I think 50-24 or something like that, but we actually beat ourselves and hanged with Mizzou almost the entire game.

Also, if you just love college football one of the best games in all of college football will be played Oct. 4 when we host Western Kentucky for our homecoming. WKU are the defending 1-AA champs and if you know what happened last year between us and them you should check it out. Its College Sports TV's game of the week.

2. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

If LSU comes out to dominate, it will not be a contest. LSU has too much team speed and size for ya'll. If LSU comes out as it has with the likes of UAB, So Miss, etc. in the pass, ya'll just might have a chance for an upset.

3. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Mizzou 2001 didn't have the talent LSU has. It is apples to oranges. This is the best LSU team I've seen since the mid 80s.

4. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

The necks are no doubt a good football team, but to keep from going into redundancy I won't state what may or may not happen, however if any "neck" fans can get to tiger stadium a few hours b4 the game you will need to check out the Best Tailgating you will come across anywhere, just tell them where your from ask about what their cooking, when they tell you say, I've never tasted that before! and when they give you some to taste tell them that is the best thing you have ever tasted, do this and you will make freinds real fast! Good Luck & no injuries for either team!

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You never know what can happen on any given Saturday, to paraphrase Pete Rozelle. Look at any NFL teams roster and they all have quite a few players from D 1AA schools. I'll rest a lot easier once LSU has the victory in hand and I can start having Georgia on my mind.