Whaere do you think Les Miles will rank after next year?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

he will hover somewhere around curly before going to take carrs place.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

You expect us to only win 5 games next year?

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I wish you'd join Curly and the rest of the Stooges and stay away from the board....

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Don't ask Kajunsausasge a question that you KNOW the answer he gives will be negative....

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

With no more games than he will have had within a two year period of time, and with the success he has had, of course his winning percentage will be way up on the Tiger's list of wins as the Tiger head coach.

I doubt that anyone will ever match Coach McClendon's total wins though. If they are that successful and "hot market value," many attractive offers will come in. Have two or three down years and the fanbase will scream. I just think the days of loyalties like McClendon/Vaught are lost to the past. The coaches egos go into high gear, as per Nick Saban. He made the move to better provide for his family? A couple million a year, a mansion, and hero status isn't providing. Just a few years at two million a year and the family is set for life. How much money is enough? With all Saban's money, I doubt seriously he "paid for" many meals in Louisiana's finer eating establishments.:thumb:

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Miles might be a rare case, unless he wants to take over at Michigan (if he continues to have success). I don't see the pros being interested in Miles, and what other program besides Michigan would Miles leave LSU for? If Miles has continued success he could be here for quite a while. I think Tuberville will be an Aubie for a while. Tennessee would be smart to ditch Fulmer, but he might continue to get just enough wins to extend his tenure - expecially with his old OC back. I think Spurrier retires at South Carolina. I don't see Richt and Georgia splitting. Nutt and Arkansas are a nice match, though there's been troubled water recently over there.

Ole Miss, Miss St, Kentucky, and Vandy probably all need new coaches, but they aren't very attractive programs. That leaves the Meyer experiment at Florida and Schula at Alabama. I think things are uncertain at both spots.

Having 6 solid coaches is probably pretty rare for a conference in college football today. Geaux SEC.