What a bunch of classless pukes..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikebTiger, Oct 16, 2002.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

2. JonTheTigerFan

JonTheTigerFan Founding Member

Running up the score?????

I would hardly call running a conservative running play on 4th down from the 4 yard line instead of passing for a touchdown or kicking a field goal "running up the score" What was Saban supposed to do, kneel the ball and really rub it in with 5 minutes left? Besides, Florida has never let up on anyone in the past, much less LSU. We beat them by the same number of points they beat us at Tiger Stadium last year and to me, turnabout is fair play.

3. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I agree

with Saban's calls . . He was trying to keep the ball without scoring any way he could. I thought his calls were the right thing to do . . being that close to the zone with time running out (but not enough to kneel) is tough to do w/o offending the other team. . kick a field goal and you are going after unecessary points, go for it and you are trying to run up the score.

I think Saban did the right thing there . . however, I think I would of had my starters out by then . .NOT b/c of running up the score issues, but b/c of injury issues . .

However, its easy to play qb on Tuesday . .

I hope Mauck recovers quickly.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Chuck here makes some good points.

Mauck needs the Reps. Plain and simple. Injuries happen it is part of the game.
    I support Saban and he made the right call. Stuff happens.

Also Florida loved to run up the score. Visor Boys "Art of War" thing. I noticed some Florida fans said that they need to quit complaining since they did it to everyone for years. So it seems it is only one of two gator fans happy a kid got hurt (Although at 24 Mauck is no kid !)

Geaux Tigers

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Screw them. I dont care what they think about the score. Fact of the matter is we beat them by the same margin they handed us last year. The only difference is that we scored our last points of the game on a field goal with 12:29 left to play. Before the FG, the score was 33-7, a 26 point lead. However, last year they scored their last points of the game on an 8 yard TD PASS with 2:32 to play. At the time the score was 37-9, a 28 point lead. They can bitch and moan all they want.

6. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

HOW MANY TIMES

How many times have we listened to Visor Boy say " you coach your team and I will coach mine" and here is another one " My backups need to get used to our passing game too" . Infact Stevie had a little problem in preseason in Japan where he ran it up against the 49ers and he said " you coach your team and I will coach mine".

THEY ARE CRY BABYS

7. JoshFromSC

JoshFromSC Freshman

please, you guys kicked their ass from start to finish. if spurrier would have been in charge of your team instead of saban, the score may have been 50-7 or something.

whoever thought we would see gator fans complaining about someone running up the score?!

8. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

Florida fans.

Classless in victory and defeat.

In their defense, the times they are a-changing, and change is a hard thing to accept for some people--especially when it means your team is returning to the mediocrity they enjoyed for 80 or so years, which is the case with Florida.

I hope they fire Zook and hire Curley Hallman.