What a difference a year makes...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hubbs, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Hubbs

Hubbs Freshman

damn I am telling you! Your guys laid it to us in a bad way. It was so simular to the game at Jordan Hare in 2002. Even down to the last snap. You guys had down and goal and ran out the clock as we did the year before. I said earlier in the week that your program reminded me of Pat Dyes teams in the 80s and how true does that seem. As for whos defense is better (LSU or USC) i would have to say LSUs. But you guys are valurnable in the secondary, not ruffling feathers just calling it like I see it. Jason Campbell is Auburns Randall if you want a comparison. I said it would come down to QB play and it did. I never make excuses for my team so I wont do it now. Ill just say that we have one thing in common. TT stinks. I respect your coach Saban, he doesnt settle for Mediocracy and wont have it. Honestly what kind of message is TT sending to our players by going for it twice on our first drive of the game? Ill tell you, boys there whooping us get ready. Well good win and good luck to ya. I would worry a little more about your pass coverage we had about 5-6 guys with seperation saturday night JC just cant get them the ball. Eli is a pro so tell your guys to tighten down on them. Just the way I see it. War eagle 31-7 oh wait that was last year now its your turn!LOL WAR EAGLE

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I agree that the secondary is the "weak" spot of the LSU defense. I beleive Lavalais and Co. will take care of business and it will be up to Hunt to lead the DB's and not let McCown make big plays.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, and I think its important that "weak" be in quotations, as Im not sure there is really much of a weakness anywhere. It is true that they are the less dominating portion of the defense. I have to think that our gameplan will be such that anyone will have at least a little trouble passing on us. I think we will get to the QB in a hurry, but Manning will be our test.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Weak is a relative term deffinately. I guess I am falling into the Nick Saban school of thought, no matter how good the team is, you can improve some aspect. And I see the defensive secondary with the most room to improve. I haven't seen enough INT's forced in the last few games. With Tech passing as much as they do, we need to intercept the ball and keep their offense off of the field.

5. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

Also we have to consider that Saban's strategy was probably to give the receivers some separation b/c he knew Campbell couldn't throw it in the ocean if he wanted...he waned to test Auburn and make them throw the ball....get away from their competitive advantage...the run game

6. chuck

chuck Founding Member

yeah, that was the nagging negative feeling which I did have going into this game - admittedly, I didn't have many - is that our biggest strength played RIGHT into your biggest strength and that if we couldn't run - we'd be in trouble . .

What was completely unexpected was how well you ran against us and that our defense gave up 3 TD's in your 1st 3 possessions. ..

7. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

Tech throws the ball more than any team we've played. The secondary can only get better if the ball is in the air, and we can bet the LT will air it out. I hope that our secondary is prepared. If you sling enough mud against the wall, some of it will stick. I want a goose egg by the "D"

8. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

I think the seperation was part of the defensive plan, when we played GA. our cover guy's were sticking with the recievers(remember the a$$ chewing Sabin gave a player, then high fived him the next play?). I don't know if tight coverage is going to help with Eli, I watched him too many times this year put the ball right over the shoulder of a receiver running wide open, kind of reminds me of some SOS coached UF teams.

What the heck, Beat Tech!