What a difference confidence can make

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Nov 20, 2010.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Since halftime of the Bama game, this LSU offense has come alive. I'm not saying we can go toe-to-toe with Oregon, but we've greatly improved.

And it's all about confidence. Miles/Crowton having confidence in Jefferson, and Jefferson having confidence in himself. JJ is a completely different QB than he was the first 8 1/2 games this year. He's not playing scared at all. He's making good decisions. He's making pretty damn good throws. And running the ball when he has to.

And Crowton's playcalling has been real good. No more of that prevent offense crap. And again, his confidence in JJ makes his job a lot easier.

With all the crap Crowton and JJ have gotten the last couple years from everyone, including me, I'm glad for them. They deserve good things happening to them. Especially Jefferson. He could've easily given up and said screw it, but he never did. He kept coming out for more, so to speak. My hat's off to them, no pun intended.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We absolutely stunk against ulm.

You must have put that game out of your memory bank.

But yes we are dealing with a very confident jj. That jj has us undefeated had he played like that vs auburn.

3. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

our offense didn't look good but we had tons of drops and at least the coaches were letting JJ and JL throw down the field. Even if they weren't completing them showing JJ that the coaches have confidence he can do it seems to have helped. He was spot on today with his deep throws

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Last week was brutal.

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

we missed out on at least 80 yards from drops and 1 stupid penalty against ULM.

40 yard TD pass to Randle
    10 yard TD pass to Tolliver
    23 yard pass called back to due a stupid penalty (illegal man down field i think)
    10 yards on a dropped 3rd and 8 pass that should've been caught.

and a couple other ones. If we catch those passes that should've been caught we have 330 total yards (and probably more because those last 2 ended drives)

the offense didn't play well but it wasn't due to the QBs playing horribly.

6. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Well I'm sure it was pretty hard for them "get up" for ULM after an emotional win over Bama. I never count those games good or bad.

But in the last 1 1/2 meaningful games, LSU's offense has greatly improved. Again, we're not Oregon, but much better. If this offense would've shown up on the plains, we would be undefeated.

7. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Must say that JJ also ran the option today the best I've ever seen him do it. :thumb: Don't know how many times they ran it today, but I can remember at least 4 or 5 times he ran it damb near perfect! Great job by JJ! :LSU231: