What A season but

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Apr 4, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

what a horrible way for it to end. We were playing for OT at worse and then the unthinkable. Still one hell of a season but that last play is going to take a while to swallow. :geaux: :lsug:

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

That hurts, bad! I cannot stand the Lady Vols or Pat Summitt. I'm in such a bad mood now. Ahhh this sucks!!!!

3. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

A veteran coach picked a rookie's pocket. Summit was not going to let Temeka do a length-of-the-floor dash to beat her, so she predictably threw the whole defense at her to make her give it up. Pokey didn't have the girls ready for that situation. Now, Temeka should have just pulled up her dribble and called timeout rather than risk the ball in a tie game, but split-second decisions don't always work out the right way. Still, a great accomplishment for the girls.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

There were no more timeouts for LSU.

5. TwistedTiger

It was a tight game and losing by missing a shot or Tenn making a shot is one thing but the way that one ended really knocks the wind out of you. Thats the last thing you expect to happen. It has to really be a sad sad locker room although when all is said and done the Lady Tigers have nothing to hang their heads about. :cuss: :cuss: :( :( :(

6. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Believe it or not guys, I was pulling HARD for the Tigers. And right now I feel a lot like I did when Eli tripped and fell on his butt. Well----------not quite that bad. Wish it had been different tiger fans.

7. MikeT

MikeT Freshman

They call that a Chris Webber.

8. TwistedTiger

They had no time outs left

9. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Good point that I was unaware of...still, pull up your dribble and protect the rock. It was tied, so OT should have been the worst case scenario. Temeka is the heart of the team, and I feel hurt for her. :(

10. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Hindsight is 20/20 of course but you gotta know they were going to be all over Tameka, probably should have went to somebody else. When you have the ball with 6 seconds left in a tie game you should at least get overtime.