What A season but

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Apr 4, 2004.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Yeah, that Pat Summitt is one hard looking broad.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

LOL!!!

"Sweet Fancy Moses!!!"

- Jerry Seinfeld's comment at seeing Elaine "dance" (also known as a full-body dry heave).

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Two factors contributed to the loss by only two points:

1) Seimone Augustus is GREAT, but we did not get her A game yesterday. We needed her A game for the semi-final and the final, because she is a big reason why we got to the Final Four.

2) Tameka Johnson gave us her A game, but her injury affected her just a tiny bit. She was awesome yesterday, but would have been even more awesome had she been 100 percent. TJ was in obvious pain.

Still, I couldn't be more proud of the Lady Tigers. I am a fan of Lady Tiger basketball, and these kids themselves made it so.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We all just have to live with it..

it's a hard loss and so easy to second guess but they did what they thought they had to do and it just didn't work out. The girls played hard and both teams were way off their game. The encouraging part is to see that we had just as much talent on the floor as all of the teams in this tourney IMO and we have a very good class coming in next year according to everything I've read, especially the Fowles girl. Now the women's AD will have some tough decisions to make as Pokey will probably get a HC offer after passing her audition. We'll see how this plays out. Sue has done a great job building the program and I don't know if she should be replaced if she wants to come back or they try and put a plan in place with a timetable for Pokey to get her shot. Anyway, congrats for the great run to the Ladies.

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Got a girl, Sylvia Fowles, coming in next year who can stand flatfooted and dunk. Can't wait for her to get out there and intimidate some of these gals we've run into. Reports call her "Lady Shaq".

:geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux:

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

damn not trying to be negative and I know they try to sell the woman's game comparable to men's but every woman's game I watched there were close to 20 missed layups/simple put backs. Most were uncontested. And yes, most look like they are standing in cement.

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Can't say you are wrong.

BUT, I like watching the Lady Tigers basketball team as much as watching the men's.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

how much had you watched of them before the tournament?

9. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

I'm glad the Vols got pounded in the final. They deserved it after getting lucky against LSU and Baylor.