What a shocker!! The two hottest summers are in the last 5

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Just heard that 2002 had the 2nd hottest summer globally since weather records have been kept. And what was the hottest? You have to go way back to 1998 for that one. Glad there isn't global warming going on. :-( I'm sure the odds are really high that the two hottest were in the last 5 years when they could have been a 100 years ago.

2. miketiger

miketiger Founding Member

Oh my god!!! The sky is falling!!! "Tom", better known as chicken little.

3. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Sorry to throw scientific measurements at you

Don't way to take away any of your time throwing facts at you. I noticed you didn't address the issue at all. What happened? No facts to back you up?

4. miketiger

miketiger Founding Member

Well Tom, since when did you go by real facts? I suppose the ice age 10, 000 years ago was somehow caused by cave men? The main fact is 95% of all greenhouse gasses are produced by good ole Mother Nature. The enviornmental movement has been hijacked by anti corporate and anti democratic factions. While I believe in conservation it must be done with true interpretations of the facts with no politica agenda's. There must be true balance between the needs of economic growth and protection of the enviornment. The true fluctuations of the tempretures from decade to decade has been tied to the sun rather than manmade release of carbon based gasses.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Will the tree huggers never get it? The earth has been here for literally billions of eons and will be around for billions more. A few piss-ant humans who occupy the planet for a speck of time are not going to f--- it up. Get out your Right Guard and spray away. What you should worry about is how we treat each other for the millisecond that we are here. To paraphrase Dana Carvey as Ross Perot: "Don't worry about the planet...It'll be OK".

6. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Apparenty, you don't have a scientific/math background

You mentioned that 95% of the greenhouse gases are natural. I have no idea whether that is the truth but it really doesn't matter. Do you know how much the odds in gambling are tilted towards the house? VERY, VERY LITTLE. Thus, anyone with any math or science background knows that the infintesimal difference makes all the difference in the world. I will also add that your 95% figure (IF it is true), I'm sure is DATED. Maybe decades ago, 95% was an accurate number but hardly since the explosion of the internal combustion engine over the last few decades, the industrialization of 3rd world countries, etc. The bottom line is SCIENTISTS have been saying for several years that the MAJOR changes we are seeing are NOT part of a longterm, natural pattern. When you see dramatic environmental changes that can be correlated to dramatic changes in certain situations, anyone with any background in cause and effect can determine that "A is causing B". But hey, your party can just keep taking the bribes from polluters and try to CON an overwhelming disbelieving public that pollution is not causing global climatic changes. The public knows better, but who knows. Maybe there are a few people corrupt enough or stupid enough to believe it.