What about Arthur?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by macatak911, Apr 17, 2006.

1. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

I'm guessing Brady was talking about Arthur when he mentioned that he is actively recruiting one guy only. He took his unoffical visit Friday with Brady and Butch. Anyone hear any news about that?

2. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

My understanding is that Brady and Butch visited him on Friday and that his unofficial will be later this week (Wed maybe)

3. clair

clair Rockets

who is arthur again?

4. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

ya lets get some info is he on scout or rivals

5. clair

clair Rockets

i just looked it up... he is a 5 star prospect...

the best prospect not yet committed in this class...

6'9 PF from Dallas

6. macatak911

ooooh, must have misread something....

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1112121
    Darrell Arthur..PF..if memory serves me right he contacted LSU after we made the final four with intrest. Some have said if Tyrus went pro LSU would eb top of his list.

....Dandy said this today:

This could be a very interesting week for LSU basketball. Tyrus Thomas is expected to announce as early as today and no later than Wednesday that he will put his name in the NBA draft, and Coach Brady will be hosting Darrell Arthur, a 6'9" forward from South Oaks high school in Dallas Texas in a mid-week visit. Arthur is a Parade Magazine high school All-American and the top senior player that has not signed this year. Arthur is a longshot at this time, but that could change after his visit to LSU. One of my readers from South Dallas who has been watching Arthur play for the last three years tells me that he is the real deal and that Oklahoma is believed to be the leader for him at this time.

...on 4/11:

In basketball recruiting news, Darrel Arthur (6’9”, 220, forward) from Oak Cliff high school in Dallas has added LSU to his choice of schools to attend after watching LSU play in the NCAA tournament. Arthur is a top-20 national prospect according to an article in today's Advocate.

7. macatak911

8. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

This was in Sunday's Advocate:

With Darrel Mitchell’s graduation and Thomas likely headed to the NBA, LSU will have two scholarships to give and the Tigers are in the hunt for one of the top unsigned seniors from the Class of 2006.

Darrell Arthur, a 6-9, 220-pound power forward from South Oak Cliff in Dallas contacted the LSU coaches after the Final Four to let them know he was interested in the Tigers.

Brady and associate head coach Butch Pierre visited Arthur in Dallas on Friday, and he is expected to make an unofficial visit to LSU’s campus next week with his mother.

Arthur, a Parade Magazine and McDonald’s All-American selection, is rated as the No. 12 senior in the country by Scout.com and 19th by Rivalshoops.com. He averaged 18 points and 10 rebounds this season to help lead South Oak Cliff to its second straight Class 4A state championship in Texas.

“Whoever gets Arthur will get a big boost because he’s ready to step in and be a star in college right now,” said Jerry Meyer, a national recruiting analyst for Rivals.com. “He’s got potential to be a pro very quickly.”

Greg “Jazzy” Hartwell, Arthur’s AAU coach, said LSU wouldn’t miss a beat if Arthur steps into Thomas’ shoes.

“Darrell has the same kind of impact on the game on defense as Tyrus and he’s a better offensive player,” Hartwell said. “He can consistently hit the (3-pointer) and creates shots for himself inside.”

9. macatak911

i love this guy already

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Tyrus WHO ?????:hihi::hihi: :hihi: