What about Arthur?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by macatak911, Apr 17, 2006.

1. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

yep sounds like he can fill in tyrus PPG. if he cant quite do it inside he can supplement with the 3. sounds awesome, who will get the other scholarship spot?i ahvent followed BB recruiting.

2. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

nobody! assuing that the guy lsu was recruitung is arthur he said they have nobody else they were going to offer scholarships to

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

He is good defensively, but is not on TT's level

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

TT wasn't on TT's level when he first came here either...

5. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

Before Tyrus declared we had only one ship to give. My impressions are that this was targeted for a point guard, and when we lost out on D. J. Augustin, Brady intended to save it for another point next year. Tyrus opens up a spot and Arthur looks like he will be the only target as I'm sure Brady will not give this ship away for the sake of giving one. However, I would say that we are still somewhat of a long shot.

I think basketball recruiting is generally about long term relationships. We don't have one with him. However, this LSU team is quite special. The nation got to see their special talents, unique personalities, and cohesion on display during the tournament. Maybe one reason he hasn't committed yet is because he hasn't felt that anywhere else yet. If that isn't it and his motives are mercenary and if he has the outside game as proclaimed, then it should be obvious that he could play a strong role as a freshman on a very potent team next year. He is coming to visit so we do have a shot.

6. clair

clair Rockets

unless he has a wingspan of about 10 and half feet, he will have a hard time filling Tyrus's shoes on D...

Tyrus really wasn't a great defender in terms of IQ... he a lot of the times jumped wildly on pumpfakes and things, but he was long enough to come back on the shot and alter it, which made him tough to score on, and also will make him very tough to replace

7. youcandoit1687

we were the media favorite and the viewer favorite(even out here in california until we played ucla). we beat probly the two best BB schools in his home texas and were a fun team to watch as an outsider(insider too of course!).if he is smart he will realize we are a team on the brink of a NC that will be in the natl spotlight next year thus giving him great NBA exposure. i assume that he will be looking to the nba if he is ranked 19th on rivals. if he can come in and produce like tyrus(without the redshirt year), that would be awesome and hoefpully he would get us a NC before leaving to the NBA(although i dont want us to be viewed as a school of mercenary players)

8. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

I spoke with Coach Brady today, and he said that Darrell Arthur will be visiting campus this weekend, and he also said that Darrell will probably choose from us or Oklahoma.

9. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

from dandy:

According to several unconfirmed reports, Darrell Arthur (6'9" power forward) will be visiting LSU today with his Mom on an unofficial visit. The visit will be unofficial because Arthur has already taken his five official visits allowed by the NCAA. When a prospect takes an official visit to a university, all expensives are paid by the school the prospect is visiting. On unofficial visits, the prospect has to pay the cost of the trip to and from the campus and all overnight expensives. With the cost of gas as high as it is, I believe Arthur must have a deep interest in LSU if he makes the trip to Baton Rouge.

10. youcandoit1687

lol ya gas is getting too expensive to take slight interest trips. we should have an advantage over OU because of the new coach but u never know on these things what these guys are thinking. getting him would put us on about the same level as this year bc of the improvement of tasmin and glen and hopefully rolle getting stronger. and the all around growing of the team(lazarre, voogd, all of our role players). and we have the marquette and TTU transfers at guard to maybe hit some threes and spread the D even thinner