What about Arthur?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by macatak911, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Blackstripes

Blackstripes Founding Member

thanks for the info on Arthurs arrival.

it appears he could have arrived as late of yesterday afternoon. guess its possible he could be staying on into Saturday.

anyone who knows, keep us all in the know on his visit. this could be a great momentum builder for the program if we land this guy.

:lsup:

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I think when he sees the campus and meets the coaches and realizes just how good we are gonna be next year and just how much he can contribute to us getting back to atlanta next year then yeah i think we will be in good shape.

3. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I think it's still an uphill battle, although I agree, I like our chances.

The good news is that Oklahoma is in a state of unrest, due to Capel's entry and Sampson's exit. Kansas is in "rebuilding" mode, but fans are restless about Self's ability to get them back to a final four mode. And, Texas, well, that would make some sense for him, BUT, they're loaded with Kevin Durant who basically plays the same position/game as Arthur, and elder stateman PJ Tucker. The interesting thing is LSU is also loaded with Davis and Rolle, BUT, we saw how playing with a double post helped Tyrus showcase his ability to block shots and rebound, which actually downplayed his weaknesses--and, if Big Baby really only plays one more year, then Arthur and Rolle make an impressive tandem in '08. Arthur's complement game to Big Baby's low-post game will only make him look better and make Big Baby look better. It could be a VERY exciting frontcourt that will immediately get Arthur's name on the media's radar. On top of this I tend to think that Big 12 is still going to be a weaker conference than the SEC next year, so the media's going to pay attention to the hoops in the SEC.

The issue is distance. Arthur's mom seems to lean towards Texas or Kansas. But, BTR is a short, direct plane flight away from Dallas or a reasonable 6 hour drive (made the drive often).

If it's down to Oklahoma or Kansas and us, I like our chances. If it's somehow down to Texas and us, I'd say it's closer.

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BE PART OF THE MAGIC OF PMAC!!!

4. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

anybody know where he is staying while he is here?

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

jeez dude, you sure are interested. lots of posts on the rant as well.

6. friday

friday Founding Member

stalker?

7. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

no I mean is he like staying at a relatives house or hotel?

If he has relatives here all the better

8. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

im sure lsu arranged some cheap options for him

9. SEChoops.com

SEChoops.com Founding Member

I've seen some video on Arthur and he is exactly what LSU needs. He would do a great job stepping in for Tyrus. He plays big down low and above the rim. He can block shots on D, but has more bulk than Tyrus and can guard the post well. I really hope Tyrus' success will show Arthur what he can do at LSU.

10. Broke

Broke Founding Member

So they can arrange for his necessities on an unofficial visit, just can't pay for it? Is that how it works?