What about blocking?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger_T, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Tiger_T

Tiger_T Freshman

Has anyone noticed how good auburn's blocking was, and how horrible ours was? Everyone keeps blaming playcalling and qbs, I think we need to look deeper. Our defense was in position to stop cam newton a lot of the time, but there were always blockers to take the defenders out of the play. Cam newton made some moves and broke some tackles, he's good, don't get me wrong, but great blocking is the biggest reason why he was able to rack up so many yards. Compare our blocking to their blocking, they blocked so much better and they stuck to their blocks. I think our blocking is below average. What can we do to fix this???

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I couldn't believe how many times Newton would snap the ball, wait 3 seconds, and then take off. You just don't see that. He even did it inside his own endzone.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

A lot of people thought our offensive line had vastly improved over last year and I just don't see it. They might be marginally better.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

They never at any point vastly improved but they have been getting the job done up until last week especially in the run blocking and sacks allowed categories which improved from last year. I was even getting on the T-bob bandwagon after always giving him a hard time but he had a poor game. And it isn't even his fault for the most part given he was way to small to go up against Fairley and we got greedy and played most of the game anyway instead of getting a bigger body in there. Longeran also had his worst game of the season.

5. dudley

dudley oops!

Yes, I did. I noticed that against Arkansas too. Not just the O line, everybody.

Offensive Coordinator!

6. dudley

dudley oops!

T-Bob was just overpowered and he will be again against Alabama's, Marcel Dareus. They had a chance to fix this back when Blackwell got hurt. Move Hurst back to RG and put Chris Faulk at RT I made a post about this back then and I noticed Dandy Don did also today. Too late now.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

T-Bob got owned... he is undersized and has no business trying to block a defensive lineman that outweighs him by 40 lbs.

The coaches are to blame for not 1. replacing him or 2. adjusting the blocking scheme to compensate.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

This is the first game that they were really dominated. Last year they were dominated in nearly every game, even against the rent a wins. The line is much better but still sub par. No way Stud should have survived last season. There is no way possible you could field a worse offensive line than he put out there last season.

9. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Let's not forget Jerrell Powe. We need to get Dworaczyk out of there too.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Correct and correct. Dworaczyk was owned just like Hebert.
    -
    To the subject of AUs blocking, it was superb. Not just the OL, but the RBs and WRs as well. I couldn't believe what I was seeing...Newton roaming freely in the secondary. I kept wondering where the LSU Tigers were, and they were strewn all over the field. They'd show a replay, and it was amazing to see AU block literally ALL our defenders. It was a clinic. Sadly, it seems as though they were satisfied getting out of the first half tied, and getting the ball to start the second half...instead of making adjustments to counter their blocking schemes.