What Buildings on Campus Would You Like to See Torn Down

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by DeathValley, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

In the artist rendering I do not see Dodson Auditoreum as a surviving structure, unless I am missing it. Glad to hear of most of the other changes - especially Lockett Hall, which has been a blight on the landscape for many years.

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I'm not seeing it either, but they do not have it listed as one of the buildings to be removed. I'll try to find out for you Pastimer.

3. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

There is a scene in Animal House where Donald Sutherland is teaching his literature class in an auditoreum, and whenever I see it I think of crusty old Dodson.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

>Buildings to be removed include all of the Nicholson Apts., South Graham, the Edward >Gay Apts

Where am I supposed to live?

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Dodson could just be retrofitted with new seating, flooring, and lighting and that building would be fine. I got no problem with Dodson.

More often than not, I remember seening bubbles in the fountain in front of Dodson after the weekend. Entertaining, but not very nice to the equipment.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

I've seen it - it's on the top floor I believe and the story is that it was put in for Shaq, but who knows. I was there 1998-2002 and it was still there. Halarious. There is a building between the PMAC and the field house that many tailgaters use to piss in (not me, I swear) - I call it the castle. It looks like an old raquet (sp?) ball facility. It's big and a very interesting building that few people know about. Any stories on this place????

7. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

If that is the old brick building that faces Graham, we used to call it the "old gym." We played intramural floor hockey in there in the 70s, and if you think that cheap shot in the NHL the other night was bad, these floor hockey games between rival fraternities in the "old gym" were blood baths.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

It's part of the HPL Pool right? I think back in the day they were racquetball courts that were part of the athletic complex there. There used to be weight room, etc. there but it has all fallen into disrepair. That is a building that could definitely use some refurbishment.

9. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Yep, that's the place. The chlorine smell from the pool would waft over into the gym where we would play floor hockey. I've got my Dad's 1949 LSU yearbook and there are some photos of gymnastic classes taken in there. Sorry to hear the building has gone to seed.

10. BB

BB Founding Member

Few students know about it - I took my two younger brothers who are both currently LSU students to see the building before the UGA football game this year and they were blown away that something like that was sitting there. "A lot of parking could go there" they informed me... lazy kids hate walking from the car to class