What caused the income inequality gap that started in the 70's?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, May 30, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Here is your post that started all of this.

Not exactly a cause of the income gap but a cause of many of the banking problems today. A rare meeting of minds between the E Warren left and many on the right. Note this is an artifact of Bill Clinton and as noted in the article HRC has eaten at that table for years.

Anything about its Republican authors? Nope. "It's an artifact of Bill Clinton." Oh, and of course, "HRC has eaten at that table." Of course she was not in office and had nothing to so with the bill. And you manage to put Elizabeth Warren in there, too. Even though she was not in office at the time either. Not for another 12 years. Three democrats are to blame, you say. No Republicans mentioned, not even its three authors. You didn't even want to call the bill by its name--three republican names.

Your misleading post. You got called on it. Case closed.

You are fooling nobody but Shane and BengalB. And what a challenge that is! :rolleyes:

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It must be pretty challenging for you since you can't do it.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. red55

If you only knew . . .

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I know that affecting a condescending attitude doesn't mean you know jack shit.

5. red55

If you are trying to convince me that I don't know shit . . . well good luck with that.

6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

There is no doubt that Newt Gingrich and the R's are due some credit for the positive things that occurred in the 90's. People forget that Newt is an incredibly intelligent guy. Coupled with Clinton they did some great things for the country at the time. Like you said, some of those decisions have come back to haunt us but I think it has more to do with the changes that have happened in the country, the economy and the world at large and our own lack of governmental response to those changes that has exacerbated some of these things like Glass-Steagall. By government response I mean that we are politically paralyzed and this has left our policy stale on a lot of fronts for a long time.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Paralyzed by the god damned lobbyists. It really doesn't matter who gets into what office. They will be owned by some pimp before his/her ass kisses the leather of their new chair.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

They are actually all owned by the same pimps. It doesn't matter who is at the top. They all favor bigger government and expansionary monetary policy.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Isn't that what I said?

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Sometimes I wonder if we just got lucky during Clinton's terms because the Internet was just taking off.

Tiger in NC likes this.