What coach can we get that is supposedly better than Miles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by IslandTiger, Oct 27, 2010.

1. IslandTiger

IslandTiger Freshman

Answer that one those that seem to want a new coach. It reminds me of the Solich situation at Nebraska. Yeah, they followed that up with a great hire....Callahan.

Who do you want?

Will Muschamp? - Might be the most overrated coach in the country. His defense constantly sucks. Just lost to Iowa State.

Kirby Smart? - The guy not running Alabama's defense?

Mike Gundy? - This is the one you'd have to watch for given that Miles came from OK State. This one would be a disaster.

Gary Patterson? - Solid coach for the most part but still don't think he's better than Miles.

Dan Mullen? - Another solid coach but again, Miles is 2-0 against him. You can't say for sure he's better than Miles.

Jim Harbaugh? - Great coach but doubt it. Wants an NFL job and will bolt when he gets it even if it's a terrible franchise.

Some NFL Coach not named?

Who the hell can LSU get that is better than Les Miles?

LOL....we're 7-1. His worst season is 8-5. We'll probably finish 10-3 or so (or better) including the Bowl Game.

Maybe our next hire will be our Bill Callahan and then we can see some real great football.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

You know... you're right. There is no one better than him. Miles is, by far, the best coach in football.

I hope he stays here forever and ever.

1 person likes this.
  3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I wish I knew how many of these threads popped up during the Smoke Laval era.

4. IslandTiger

IslandTiger Freshman

I'm saying we can't get a coach better than Les Miles.

11-2
    11-2
    12-2
    8-5
    9-4
    7-1 (currently)

58-16 overall

Two BCS Bowl wins including 1 MNC...4-1 overall in Bowl Games.

Name a coach that we can get that can do better than that.

5. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I would like to know that as well.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

It's going to be a role of the dice. It's a lot different than NFL, recruiting is a game all into itself. So you can get a great game day coach and still slide down hill if he doesn't recruit or have a staff that does.

No matter what anybody says - its a gamble. With a big pot to loose. Review the coaching history since Mac. The ony two that weren't run left on thier own after a few years.

7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I am curious as to why you think Patterson is not a better coach than Miles............I have been watching them both since they started their current jobs and it isn't even close. A "solid" coach??? Nick Saban is the ONLY coach in this country that can coach defense anywhere close to Patterson. You give Patterson LSU players and I am not sure he would ever lose again because I'm not sure anyone would score unless they did it with their own defense.LSU!

8. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

Like our fans, for ever and ever, or maybe we should fire the fans and the coach and just keep the players because they'll leave in four years anyway!

A Smart ask comment is made by a person who has an inflated sense of self importance.

9. IslandTiger

IslandTiger Freshman

Patterson hasn't kept TCU at an elite level. He has also had some crappy seasons there....one 5-6 season another 6-6 season in CUSA. Not good.

The past few seasons they have been great, no doubt. I think he's a good coach. Just not sure he's better than Miles. This is the SEC afterall and a bigger stage.

Patterson also has some PR issues. Dude went off on the team doctor for his diagnosis of a player.

Oh, and when they were on the biggest stage (Fiesta Bowl), they choked. Petersen outcoached him with his eyes closed and Patterson even said so himself.

ZERO BCS Bowl wins at TCU. Given their fertile recruiting ground, he should have one by now.

10. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Maneiri didn't win any CWS titles at ND.