What coach can we get that is supposedly better than Miles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by IslandTiger, Oct 27, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

every coach has wtf moments, we only notice our coaches more because we follow LSU.

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

What you say is mostly true. But do you not believe that the lure and challenge of coaching in the SEC (THE premier football conference in the nation), the enormous pay increase (Patterson is reported to make $2.4 mil, Peterson $1.6 mil), the level of abundant high caliber talent that is easier to recruit here, and coaching a BCS school could land either of them? That's a lot to pass up. A whole lot. Even if you are a sensitive type and get teary eyed if the fans hurt your feelings as so many of CLM's fans seem to think he is.

Personally I don't think that Les Miles life is some living hell as some are making it out to be because some disgruntled fans boo him at games or say mean things about him on internet forums. Whatever you say about him, he seems to be level headed and have a sense of humor about the whole thing. I think he reads and hears it and it probably hurts his feeling some, he's only human. But I'm pretty sure he forgets all about it on the way to the bank to cash his paycheck. He'd be a much bigger idiot than some think he already is if a fan's opinion makes him leave a dream job making almost 4 million dollars a year.

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Yeah but our WTF moments are routinely a weekly thing. Now again, i'm not putting all of the blame on Miles, but he is the HC or the boss... he's his own worse enemy when it comes to loyalty to his assistants and players. While admirable...
    ... as HC you have an obligation to your players, staff and school to play the best players that give you as a team the best chances to win, on the flip side you do the same with the staff. You employ those who give your team the best chance to win games, and as of '08, we are not doing that. After 3 seasons of near last place rankings in offense, at what point does the blame fall on the shoulders of the HC who won't fix those issues or are you happy with sloppy games and an 8-4 season record year in and year out?

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

:rofl:

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The MAIN problem with this post is this...

When Miles was hired, we had no coach. Our coach had decided to bring his talents to Miami. What we're talking about here is replacing a coach who averages 10 win seasons, with him not wanting to leave, and expecting to get an upgrade in productivity. When we hired Miles...WE HAD TO HIRE A COACH! Right now, WE HAVE A COACH!!

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Loony is responding to a question asking who CAN WE GET by assuming the poster is saying Miles is the best coach ever in the history of coaches. And FWIW, I think Saban's a better coach than Miles, at the very least regarding X's and O's. I also think Saban is a better coach than Saban was when he was at LSU.

1 person likes this.
  7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I have to say that your point is much easier to understand than mine. I guess I should have had less coffee this morning.:wave:

8. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

If only Miles could do the same thing....

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

That is what we will be saying about Miles when Miles is gone. My feeling is that we will be wishing we had a coach as good as Miles when Miles is gone.

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Yeah, unfortunately, Miles isn't a whore of a coach, and is willing to be loyal to LSU and stick around.

Oh...that isn't what you meant?? :D