What coach can we get that is supposedly better than Miles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by IslandTiger, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

OK, so the list was compiled 5 games ago or so. Surely it was something he copied and pasted. I doubt he compiled the list himself, so it wasn't up to date.

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

He said the list was going into the 20140 season. The one that jumped out to me was Mack Brown. And it would be worse now.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Yeah, I feel pretty safe in saying that that moving up to the pinnacle of your profession in half the time and being successful there is a more impressive resume than spending an entire career and then failing to return to the ranks of amateur athletes.

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Good Lord!
    So, what do we do when the great Miles dies or retires? Does he have a son? Will he take over?

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

:rofl::wave:
    I'm sure Paterno will still be coaching then. Not sure about the other guys.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I'm aware and that's the position that I took once upon a time. He also makes less than $1 million a year, IIRC. His son's health has improved (brain cancer) and there will be a day when his child will no longer be "special needs". He transitioned from an assistant at Oregon to the Offensive Coordinator at Boise State in the middle of the early chemo treatments being done in Portland.

I know it's very unlikely, but he's not saying anything that Saban didn't say to LSU back in 2004 or Houston Nutt told Boise State before he went to Arkansas. At some point he will realize that he can go no further at Boise State and will begin to get curious about a BCS school somewhere. Any good, competitive coach will.

It's been a decade since his son's medical issues. Every day that passes is a day closer to when he leaves Boise...

You can say the same thing about Rich Rodriguez, a WVU alum and the HC there for life of he so chose. He saw a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take the Michigan job and left behind a lot of personal ties.

He has professional ties to the SEC (as a player) and Louisiana (with the Saints), so an opportunity to coach LSU is far from an impossibility if Alleva came calling with a sack of cash. There is a definite familiarity to the job and if he ever feels like taking up the challenge of competing in the toughest conference for an opportunity to win National Titles, this would be a very good job to have.

I don't see Oregon State or Boise State winning a BCS Title anytime soon...

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Head slap accepted.:thumb::)