what did jimmy ott enlighten us with on friday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GORILLA BALL, Jun 24, 2006.

1. GORILLA BALL

GORILLA BALL Founding Member

i didn't have a chance to listen to the little otter today, what were his thoughts on the coaching search. i enjoy his show - though some of his callers oughta consider getting a day job. i don't regard as what jimmy ott says as the gospel but, it is something to listen to while i'm stuck in the afternoon traffic. i guess i could get satellite radio.

2. Marty

Marty Founding Member

Ott had a couple of people (Goat and Knucklehead) who have contacts in the baseball program on his show. What they have heard was that O'Keefe is putting a stop to Skip making himself the coach. Ott said that Knucklehead first reported this on Buddy Songey's show.

From what I remember they didn't have any more info on any more coach prospects. I don't know how reliable their info was but Ott seemed to trust it.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A caller (self-proclaimed "insider") to Jay Walker's radio show in Lafayette said that Skip, through an intermediary, put out feelers to Mitch Gaspard about being his assistant for a couple years then moving up to head coach. Where have we seen this scenario before?

4. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

Have we gone down that road already.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah. Skip brought in some dude named Smoke to serve as his right hand man for the sole purpose of moving him into the head spot.