What did the team do wrong tonight?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roygu, Mar 1, 2003.

1. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Coach Brady has done a wonderful job of coaching the threes, why he even has Lloreda hitting free throws.

Seriously, have you ever seen an LSU basketball team pass the ball as well as they are at this time. How about the job the tigers did on Ron Slay. Slay is the best offensive player in the conference. I live in East Tennessee and have seen him play many times. We did a better job of containing him than any team I have seen.

Buzz Peterson had that brook trout look from the middle of the first half.
    Guess that High School offense is working ok. :D

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Where in East TN? I'm just south of Knoxville!

Great win Tigers! That was very impressive!

I can't wait to read tomorrow's Knoxville paper and hear the sports talk shows on Monday. It should be fun!

GEAUX TIGERS!

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I leve in Morristown, I grew up in North Louisiana. I lived in Athens, TN for six years. Very few highs like beating the Big Orange. I think that was the quietest I have ever heard the UT Arena. :)

I am looking forward to the Ron Slay interview on the news tonight.

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I grew up just east of Baton Rouge. Moved here in '99. LOVE to beat the Little Ernge.

GEAUX TIGERS!

5. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

anyone heard from "T" lately? Strangely quiet. Hello, anyone home???? Oh that is right, we have a bad coaching staff that needs to be fired. They are bad for LSU if I remember right.

If we win against OLE MRS. it would be an outright shame if we dont pack the PMAC for the final game against Alabama for these seniors. I am driving down myself to give my appreciation to these players that came to LSU during the darkest of times in our program. My hats off to C III, Torris, Ronald and Brad! No matter what happens the rest of the year, they have my gratitude for coming to LSU after the program was destroyed by probation and being the foundation of what appears to be potentially a great basketball era at our school.

Go Tigers!!

6. -T-

-T- Founding Member

geez man, i can't be on the computer every minute. don't you think the way they are playing now shows just how terrible the coaching was earlier? the players did not like that slow down, half court, brady in control garbage and they showed they could not play that way. it took the players playing loose in the final 2:00 against miss. st for brady to see that he needs to just let the players play. what was it, 2 1/2 years it took for Whipple to start at point guard? the team was bad earlier this year because of brady.

i did love how brady said "the players are finally playing like they've been coached" after the game. if you have watched any games this year, you'll notice that they are taking the same shots they took all year, jack up a 3 once you get it, its just now they are hitting everything.

don't be a dumbass jeff. my opinion of brady has never changed. win or lose, he is bad for lsu in the long run. go back and check old posts. say others are quiet after wins, but not me. plus, are you trying to rub in an lsu win on me? i'm an lsu fan, thats why i want brady gone.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Remember several years ago when LSU led NC Tarheels 21-9 at the half and Buzz Peterson came out on fire and drained 3 pointer after 3 pointer to lead NC to a win? It was his career high game. Payback took awhile but we're even.
    I don't read T's posts but I'll bet his reply included a shot at Brady for leaving the starters in and a comment about the fact that they are playing well now means that Brady is a bad coach for not making them play like that all year.