What do the pollsters do with us?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerbubba, Oct 3, 2010.

1. tigerbubba

tigerbubba Founding Member

We are currently 12th in the AP. #7,#9, and #11 all lost ahead of us. Do you think we automatically jump up those three spots to #9 or do the poll voters allow other teams to jump us and leave us at a slightly higher ranking that we probably deserve more?

I know it doesn't matter and we need to keep winning and that would take care of itself. I guess my question is where would you put us if you were voting?

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Drop us down to 20th.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I would drop us a few spots personally. I believe in our defense and STs, and we showed some signs of life in offense against a rebuilding Tenn team in our stadium, but the ending was so pathetic, and so incompetent, that I would drop us just based on that. I would put us at 12-15 personally, and that is being nice and just based on record, and an outstanding defense.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Emotional responses and understandable. In reality the poll votoers are locked in to making us a #10 or 11 team. To do anything else makes the polls more of a joke than they are.

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

There have been many times that a team has won and still dropped in the polls. I don't think that dropping LSU out of the top 15 is out of the question. Yesterday proved we are not a top 15 team.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Actually, not very emotional really. When you are ranked #10-12 and are playing a rebuilding team with a first year coach in your stadium, you are expected to win in a convincing fashion. Even if you make mistakes like we did, we should overcome them, and certainly not make buffoon coaching decisions like they did down the stretch. I think Mark May on ESPN and the post-game CBS panel had it right in their assessment, and that can be very influential to the voters.

You are right that they will be probably be locked into making us #10-11, but I bet some individual pollsters drop us out of lack of respect for the coaching and how terrible our offense is.

7. tigerbubba

tigerbubba Founding Member

Looking at next weeks schedule, I hope the Gameday crew is not in Gainesville. The only other really good game is Ala vs. SC. I know we or going to have a segment anyway about our incompetence, but to be the focal point of the show would suck.

8. sm5o4

sm5o4 Founding Member

That's completely ridiculous. We didn't look great passing the ball, once again, but our defense alone easily locks us in as a top 15 team. Good teams find ways to win, even if it's a once in a lifetime, dumb luck win. You're high if you don't think we are one of the 15 best teams in the country.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I think looking at next week's schedule may help us. Having two top-ranked teams face off may be a selling point and the rankings would take care of themselves after week 6. Which brings me to I guess it depends on what happens to Florida. They were handled last night. By the #1 team, yes, but it was never in question and lopsided. I heard Tebow cried.

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I think LSU will stay about #12, and other teams could jump us. Defense is solid, offense was ok with JL, sucked when JJ drove the bus (except Ridley running, man he runs HARD, I don't remember a back at LSU running that hard in quite some time, he keeps going after contact until you have him down on the ground, I gotta say, even thought Ridley is not a threat to take one to the house from over 30 yards out, he is FUN TO WATCH, that boy runs HARD!!!!!).