What do ya'll think??????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS, Jan 17, 2005.

1. JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS

JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS Founding Member

Does it look like Coach Miles' staff will be stronger than the one Coach Saban had or what? I think with the hire of Coach Edwards we will be fine on defense. With Coach Fisher and Coach Miles on offense we will probably be better. Coach Miles, I think will let these guys coach without a thumb being on them all the time like Coach Saban had. I feel with the offensive knowledge and a pretty good defensive coordinator and talent as deep as a lake we possibly will be better than we were. :geauxtigs

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

no announcement as of yet...

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I think certain elements of Miles' staff could be superior to Saban's. I think we should be upgraded offensively and if Edwards' hire is official, then I think we're going to be in good shape defensively.

I think you're right in that Miles will let his coaches do their own thing more so than Saban, but don't underestimate Miles. I think he'll certainly have full knowledge of everything going on by his coaches--his contract, loaded with incentives, is a clear indication that he'll know what's going on. ...but he won't be such a control freak.

4. Tigerfan58

Tigerfan58 Founding Member

With next year's favorable schedule we should be better regardless of the new DC. I think the offense will have to be better because it will have to pull its weight next season. Under Saban the offense simply needed to "not lose" the game. With him gone the offense (it seems to me with Miles at the helm) will take a much more aggressive approach.
    Coach Miles' staff will not be as good defensively simply because there isn't a better defensive coach out there than Saban.
    How that all translates into wins and losses remains to be seen.

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Miles is interviewing UGA asst. Rodney Garner today in the wake of VanGorder's departute there. Garner is a solid DL coach and is widely known for his skill in recruiting. IMO, he's one of the best - if not THE best - in the SEC. He should be, having held the role at Auburn , UT, and UGA.

That being said, it should also be noted that strong rumors have followed Garner for years regarding his recruiting practices that go beyond the borderline, garden-variety nature. I won't comment further since they are only rumors, but let it be stated that AU went on probation under his recruiting "leadership", and UT narrowly escaped the same fate following the grade-fixing scandals and the Tee Martin episodes. Some say that the dirt on UT will be forthcoming in '05.......but not if you believe the "T" stands for Teflon. :dis:

6. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Per Dandy Don, Nick hired Edwards as his DC for the Dolphins. :cry:

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I think over a short time he could have an excellent staff. Maybe this year the way it is going. If he is as good a coach as we are led to believe and easier to work with than Saban I believe he could have alot of coaches who will want to be on his coat tails.

8. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

That is just what dandy heard from one of his readers that is not confirmed.