What do you collect???

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Jul 13, 2008.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Don't ask me why, but I keep my hotel keys (cards now). I have hundreds and, obviously, a lot of duplicates. I'm sure my wife will toss them at some point.

2. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

:huh: I sense something sinister with this

3. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

I collect STDs. Got them all by now I think.

Seriously though, I collect midgets.

1 person likes this.
  4. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

I keep mine too but usually shred them. Never turn those back in to the hotel - you leave yourself vulnerable to identity theft

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I collect music (1,000 LPs, 400 CD's, 1,500 downloads), books in about six major topics (probably 1,000+), and old Boy Scout memorabilia.

I also have accumulations--stuff I don't seek out but have found and picked up along the way. About 150 arrowheads and pot shards, some cool rocks and non-precious gems, old brass surveying and navigation instruments, and I still have about 60 classic underground comics from the 60's and 70's.

I have kept all of the LSU football annuals from Lindy's, Athlon, and Tiger Rag for the last 25 years or so and they are really in the way. I need to move them to some new tiger fan. They would make a great reference resource for a sportswriter, Gisclair!

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Wow. That was a good idea. What Tigers made the front cover of the national publications that you have? Also, I've been trying to find Hodson's year-by-year stats when he played for Central Lafourche, how many seasons he was the starting QB there, and if he ever led them to the playoffs or anything. Do your magazines say anything about that? That's a hell of an offer, Clair.

Has anyone ever collected ticket stubs from Tiger Stadium?

7. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

speaking of which did you ever find out about the lanterns?

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I collect Mardi Gras Doubloons, I have a pretty decent collection if I ever sat down and put them into holders, right now they are seperated in tool boxes.

I started my girls collecting them 2 years ago when they attended their first mardi gras.

Use to collect comics, baseball cards, and action figures but kind of lost intrest. I do think I still have some DC comic figures up in the attic still in pretty good condtion

9. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

I have been collecting Shot Glasses for 25 years now. It started out as just buying one in the airport of the places I had just visited. Then friends started bringing them to me from places I have never been. People still bring them to me. Interestingly, my mother had a set of shot glasses from Germany (They were stationed there in the Army when I was born). Just got them and added them to my collection.

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Did not find out however sold them for profit. :thumb:
    If I could be so lucky with the rest of the garage. :confused: