What do you think about Arizona's chances?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GxLSU1, Sep 1, 2003.

1. GxLSU1

GxLSU1 Founding Member

I'm a little nervous about this game. Does Arizona have a good shot at beating us? Do they have as good as talent? I don't know much about Arizona football so im hoping y'all do. What do y'all think?????:dis:

2. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

they don't have as good talent, but hell any team can beat any other team. If we go out there and play on offense like we did last week, we could go 3 and out a few times. I think this game will really show what kind of team we have.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Arizona is not a bad team. Lets face it, so far the SEC is 0-2 against the Pac-10 No thanks to Auburn putting up a stinker against USC and Miss St, getting beat by Oregon (But at least they scored)

Arizona get beat us no question. But we have more talent. But as we all no LSU has lost to "lesser talented" teams before.

Saban was a bit bitter about the performance last week. I suspect he will have our boys ready to go. I think us playing Northeast/ULM before was a big boost. (Just like Va Tech last year) we have worked out the kinks and I suspect a closer game then we think but I think the Tigers win this one.

4. DValley

DValley Founding Member

I agree, a team playing at home has a chance to win. BUTTTT, don't let the late Arizona hype fool anybody. You don't finish second to last one year and then get predicted to finish second to last this year, and then somehow win the PAC-10. Whoopee, they beat UTEP. Now everyone is saying they have all this talent. Every magazine I've read has every unit(OLine, RB's, DB's, etc.) rated 8-10 in the PAC-10. ULM played just about as good as they could throug a quarter, and so will Arizona.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah. What's with all this pessimism? A couple weeks ago everyone wanted Auburn to beat USC so we could take an undefeated PlainEagle team to the woodshed on our way to an SEC Championship. Now, suddenly, a lot of people are concerned about a 2nd tier Pac 10 team. LSU did not look bad on Sat. night. A little slow starting but 49 points in 2 and a half quarters shows what kind of explosiveness this team has. Why the sudden concern?

6. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I think it's more of worrying about LSU being over confident than anything. Remember, we didn't play a powerhouse either, therefore ULM does not really provide a good gauge as to what we really have. We all know the (LSU) talent is there. I really don't mean to sound pessimistic at all, and it may be because I was limited to listening to the game, and can't watch a replay here in Iowa, but I came away with a different view. I've received several comments on earlier post from folks that was actually at the game and some that watched the replay and almost all of them had a much better feeling about the game than I did. I guess I need to be more optimistic. Just like each of you I want the Tigers to be very successful.

7. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Slim to none.

8. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

Auburn losing to USC was expected as

Mississippi State (worse team in the SEC behind even Vanderbilt) doesn't count. Don't let that 0-2 stat jump out at ya. Things will change when the Tigers dominate the Wildcats!

LSU will never be over confident and have been playing better on opponents fields that pass few years! The Tigers will be ready to play and look for some big numbers from the offense.

9. GxLSU1

GxLSU1 Founding Member

ULM could beat UTEP if they played so I think we played a better opponent than Arizona. Think if we would of started scoring in the 1st quarter, this game could of been freakin
    63-7 or even 63-0. But we got our offense going a lil too late for that.

I think we are going to get out there and be pumped and score on the first 3 possesions and make it 21-3 end of 1st quarter.

10. JustinTI

JustinTI Founding Member

And slim is walking out the door;)