What do you think about this?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by saltyone, Apr 14, 2006.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Actually everyone has the right to do just that. The freedom of speech is an international human right.

2. Broke

Broke Founding Member

But I still need a gardener and a lawn boy!!

3. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

That's so idiotic. Those kids don't know anything about the matter except the fact that they are Mexican. if the are so damn proud of Mexico, then move the hell back.

BTW: Putting the flag upside-down in front of a school is a sign of distress so in case you have no phone-lines, officals will know something is up. This was at my school at least.

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

And you have the right to find another country to live in. People like you are the reason this country is in the state it's in. You have no pride in anything and seem to look at everything from an international point of view. You should visit www.growaspine.com. :dis:

5. LSUsupaFan

Actualy I have so much pride in this country and the rights God granted us that I can respect someone else's protest even when I detest it. The purpose of free speech isn't to protect wht we love, but rather what we hate.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Supa is dead on. Protecting constitutional rights, even if we don't agree with the particular message, does not mean a lack of pride on our country, but rather a commitment to what has made this country so great.

Absolutlely ridiculous Salty would say that people protecting constitutional rights are the reason this country is in the shape it's in.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

SupaFan, when someone starts making personal attacks and questioning your patriotism instead of presenting their own views, then they have exhausted their logic and lost the argument . . . and everybody sees it.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Or he's hankerin' back to the days when the borders were closed, blacks were nigras, people flew flags on their homes, children spoke when spoken to, and Leave It To Beaver was on television. In those days, such activity would be unanimously spoken out against rather than actually supported like it is now.

um, no it isn't. it maybe should be, but people in china, north korea, cuba, and iran don't have it.

9. LSUsupaFan

Accordint to U.N. 217 the freedom of speech is a basic human right.

10. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

How can it be protected Free Speach, when you are breaking a law. According to the United States Code, Title 18, Chapter 33, Section 700, this desecration of the US Flag is punishible by not more than a $1000 fine and no more than 1 year in prison.
    These people have a right to protest, but they should do it in a manner as to not break the law. That's how I see it.