What do you think of the new bats.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal Buddy, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Is it the Resin Bat they are going to use to replace the Aluminum bat? It is suppose to react more like a wood bat with a wood sound than the ping...

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

No money for wood bats in college and HS. They keep breaking.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

still aluminum, but with less pop.

and sf is right on cost being an issue, imo. little things like that add up fast, and there has been such a push for parity in college baseball, that anything to keep teams on the same level financially, will be done. again, imo. (i mean, 11.78 scholarships? good grief!) throw in the safety issue, and i just dont see wood bats anytime soon. just very regulated aluminum ones.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The bats must have bbcor stamped on them somewhere. It used to be that they could not be more than a drop 3 and had to be BESR certified (drop 3 means no more than a 3 oz difference between weight and length of the bat) for those that didn't know. I almost bought one last week but opted out. It was an easton and it was aluminum and priced under $50. What do they say if something is too good to be true? I don't know a lot about wood bats but they were priced anywhere from 29.99 to 60 bucks. I do a little research and find out what is the best thing for him to go with for next year. I have been doing a lot of work with him getting his swing compacted and increasing his bat speed and he is really stinging the ball in the cage. I want to see him hit with live pitching/game situation and I'll make the call to either put him with lumber now or leave him with the metal stick.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Wouldn't work amigo, my oldest boy is named Tyler so we will have to settle on something else. I'm thinking something connected with ass. Wise ass, dumb ass, smart ass, lazy ass, they all seem to fit. He is after all a teenager.:hihi:

Oh and as for gorilla ball, maybe for the others, mine won't hit for power but he should have a decent OBP and he has some scoots as well.

6. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

My son hates them...says he would rather swing wood.

7. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I remember Skip talking about the costs of wood being one of, if not the biggest factor. Programs like LSU, Texas, etc. could stay in the game, but programs that don't support themselves would never stand a chance.
    :eek:ldskule:

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I agree. The NCAA seems like it wants to remove all excitment from the game. It is offense that makes the game exciting. I was against the last change that killed gorilla ball. We are definitely heading in the wrong direction. Just go back to using wooden bats.

9. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Yeah, maybe if you're 10 years old. True fans would take a good pitcher's duel over a slugfest any day.

10. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Absaloutley I love watching two great pitchers go at it with great defense behind them, that's tru baseball. When pitchers or just trying to get it over the plate it takes away from the art of the game, a good pitcher pitches not just throws, knows when to throw certain pitches, keep the batters guessing hit your spots, try to break any tendencies you have, that's the ones that make great pitchers.

1 person likes this.