What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NMTiger, Feb 13, 2002.

1. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Link doesn't work for me.

3. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

link

I'll try again. Sorry about that.

4. MikeBTigers

MikeBTigers Freshman

that's an interesting discussion. I think I would like to play in the SEC west. i like the fact that going into every season, the west is usually wide open (LSU usually is among the pre-season favs - but an East school susually favored to win the SECCG). In the east, every year, EVERYONE knows it will be UT and UF. That may be changing now that Spurrier is gone. (I hope).

In other words, if we played in the East - we would get UT and UF every year, and LSU probably would not ever be the favorite. Against the west schools, we are favored most of the time, although upsets happen.

The East is definitely more prestigious, and hell, maybe it should be. The skins are on the wall, after all. Let LSU win a couple more SEC championships, and only lose 1 or 2 going in, and we'll see the props follow. But for my money, it was so great beating a Tennessee team that had no concept that they could actually lose to LSU. That was priceless. Patriots fans said the same thing about beating the Rams. I know exactly how they felt.

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Occasionally I look at that Gator board. It's amazing how often they debate East vs West.

I agree with Turbo Tiger's post in that thread.

And it is cyclical. UF fans seem to forget that before Spurrier, they never won an SEC title.

Look how competitive the west is. LSU won the division with 3 SEC losses. That's parity. If we had Kentucky and Vandy on our schedule every year our records would be better.

Like the guy said, UT and UF has lost more to west teams than east, despite the fact that they play fewer games against the west.

These arguments always come up because both UT and UF think they deserve to be in the SECCG, and they think it's not fair that they are in the same division and they can't both go. WOW, they have 1 team to beat to go to the SECCG, while LSU has to beat AU, UA, MSU, Ark, and Ole Miss.