What do you think the Top 5 LSU Problems are?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutigerpaw, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Hawker's points are good, but I really think the entire postings are spot on. You could really take all of the replies and summarize it into one analysis. Maybe someone could then pass it on to CLM, he could use some input from outside the staff it seems (not seriously suggesting this).

2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

We know, it just makes us all feel S-M-R-T smart. Everything above can be tweaked and perfected, so that's the good news

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

a committment to research.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Excellent points. What gets me is they are hell bent on running the option, when JJ isnt an option QB. Why not let Shepard run the option. Also, Crowtons O is conducive to a dual threat QB, look what he did with Dennis Dixon. IMO they should have went to a more option/spread O with Shepard, instead of Lee. Miles shot Lee last year.

I dont think its a problem of having too much talent. USC is stacked like this every year, its never a real problem for them. Its the coaching, thats now using the talent properly. Where as USC is much better at giving touches to all their playmakers. LSU never allows a player to get established, thats where the problem lies. We never really established Scott before the injury. Too often trying some crazy gadget crap or going elsewhere. Let that aspect get established, THEN bring in a new wrinkle. Same with Shepard. He gets in the game, everyone knows he will get the ball. He needs more game time so that the D wont know for sure if he is getting it. Shepard should also be in the slot a lot more. There is no reason Shepard shouldnt be getting at least 8 touches per game. He is the most dynamic player on the team. He should be used like McCluster.

The main thing is the kids arent coached up. Now they are regressing. The D was the strong point on the team, now they are weak like the O. Constantly getting gashed. The tackling is getting worse each week. If you dont perform, some assses need to bit sat down.

5. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

I think bringing up USC was a good one and one that makes my point above. USC is firmly entrenched with the pro set offense & has been for years. With their recruiting base I'm sure they could have found a Shep type QB but they always recruit a pro type pocket passer like the freshman this year. They fully understand that pocket passing is what they are going to do so why not get someone who already does it and does it well. They understand who they are.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

But it hasn't worked for them this year. How, exactly, did USC get to the point that it had to name a true freshman QB the starter? And he might be all-world, but he has VERY MUCH looked like a true freshman.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

sanchez left early. thats why petey went ape$hit over it.

8. StaceyO

Yes, I know that's what happened. And OUR QB problems are because RP was a bonehead.

Folks on this board crucified Miles for not having better options at QB after RP's dismissal. "Why did he have all of his eggs in one basket?" etc., etc.

So, why wasn't Petey more prepared for a junior to go pro?

My point is that Miles doesn't get a free pass from the media--or from his own fans.

1 person likes this.
  9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

But wait, as I posted in another thread, this Great program, this great Coach, Pete Carroll, is being led by a 19 yr who has USC at 8-3 in a much inferior conference to the SEC, yet our coach with a 19 yr old QB that has us at 8-3, should be fired. I get it. So, it is ok for a coach that is considered to be one of the best in college ball, but because some consider our coach to be a bafoon, he should be fired for being in a similar situation. Ok:huh:

1 person likes this.
  10. StaceyO

How many interceptions did Barkley throw a couple of weeks ago? I thought he was trying to break JL's record in one game.