What do you think the Top 5 LSU Problems are?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutigerpaw, Nov 23, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I always though PC was over rated. He loses games year in and year out that he has no business losing considering he is 3 and 4 deep with 4 and 5 stars at every position.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

And yet he isn't a bafoon. He is considered to be one of the best. I think I can see the logic in all of this. It is ok for the great ones to have these issues, but not Miles. Saban loses to inferior teams and in bowls, Petey loses to inferior teams, knocking his ubber talented team out of MNC contention every year, but Miles must walk on water. Oh I forgot one, Urban will have his day, soon as Tebow is gone, watch for the almighty UF to stumble before it gets back up.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Here's part of the problem. LSU fans want to be 13-0 with 9-4 talent.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

but petey has proven he can develop qbs. clm has not. perhaps they both have dropped the ball on managing the roster for the most important spot on the team

sure but its far from clear that the sec is better than the p10 at least this season.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

A bigger part of that problem, is that most of the current LSU fans i've talked to didn't know jack squat about LSU until 2003 after we beat OU. But apparently we're supposed to cake walk through our schedule week in and week out.

2 people like this.
  6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

How many teams is the Pac-10 putting bowls this yr? Yeh, that's what I thought. Of course I know the argument, but the SEC is still deeper.

7. lsutigerpaw

lsutigerpaw Founding Member

Back to the original theme of the thread,

I'll have to agree with one of the threads, Alem did do a little better, but has just been man handled all year, maybe because he is too light for that position.

And after more thoughts, I think the defense tackling (or non tackling) would be a bigger problem. How many times have we missed tackles by just trying to put a shoulder and pop someone instead of wrapping arms around them? Countless times all season.

And last, Dandy Don reminded me that we Red Shirted a few good offensive and defensive lineman and agree that even though their play was not good this year, they should be better next year on both offensive and defensive lines.

Lets hope so!

Hey, thanks for so many good thoughts and opinions.
    But in the end, lets pull for our Tigers! Hell or High Water!

CC

8. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I dont think most expect 13-0. I do expect improvements, which we dont see. LSU has more talent than 9-4 though. Sorry, if some of us have high expections and just want to see improvements.

9. mamoutigah

mamoutigah Freshman

5- The offense lacks the big play. We most definately have the ability but we just cant seem to stretch the field in key situations.

4-Offensive line has made some improvements. The line cant be the blame for all of JJs sacks. JJ has some pocket issues but he is showing improvement.

3- JJ, crowton, and Les are terrible at clock management. Its been an on going problem all season. The positive from this is that JJ can learn from this but Im not sure if the other 2 can.

2- The offense has no identity whatsoever . Is it spread, is it pro-style I dont think anyone knows. I believe our QBs belong in a spread style but the rest of the guys on offense belong in a pro-style offense.

1-Keep in mind these are just my opinions. I might be a little off on this one. I believe that Crowton has trouble managing our level of offensive talent and his playcalling is the most spuratic Ive ever seen. NO consistancy whatsoever.

IMO crowton is not the man for LSU, Ive believed that since day one.OHHH and let Russell Shep throw the DAMn ball.

10. Spike

Spike Veteran Member

1) Les Miles
    2) Les Miles
    3) Les Miles
    4) Gary Croton
    5) Greg Studrawa.

1 person likes this.