What do you think the Top 5 LSU Problems are?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutigerpaw, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Flyntgr

Flyntgr Freshman

1. Lack of discipline in coaches and players
    2. Inability of coaches to judge talent correctly and put the best players on the field (even if they are underclassmen).
    3. CLM's inability to adjust to changing game conditions
    4. CLM's inability to chose the best asst. coaches
    5. Poor Offense Coordinator, who should be on the sidelines, not sending in plays the way he's doing it now, and who should be replaced.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Here are mine:

1. Offensive Line: Has not opened holes for the running backs or protected the QB all year
    2. Offensive play calling: Too much of a vanilla offense
    3. Inexperienced QB: Jefferson has to be viewed as a freshman quarterback because he only started two games last year. That was obvious in the quality of his play this year. However, he has shown some improvement and has begun to grow into his role. I expect noticeable improvement next year, particularly in decision-making.
    4. Running game: See #1. The lack of blocking up front made it very difficult for the running game to be a factor in most games. Not entirely the fault of the running backs but with their talent I was expecting them to make things happen a little more than they did.
    5. Defensive secondary: For the most part the defensive secondary has been the saving grace and the real bright spot for the Tigers this year, but too many times the opposing wide receivers have been wide open. We need to work on that.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

has more teams. 83% vs 70% isnt a big difference. still dont think the difference is clear. sure is clear though that the acc is whupped.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

1. Quarterback. LSU has quarterbacks that can't take advantage of the quality of receivers that we have. Jefferson has improved, but not much and far too slowly. Lee has improved, but not enough to be a starter. Shepard can't throw the ball, apparently and the other quarterbacks aren't ready to play at this level.

Passing must improve, pocket presence must improve, happy feet must be cured, taking silly sacks must be cured, and we must learn to take advantage of opponents blitzing, like smart quarterbacks do. We have to have a QB who can make his hot reads.

Jefferson will be a mature junior veteran next year, but he must improve at a far faster pace than he did this season if we are to return to SECCG.

2. Offensive Line. The line has underperformed all year and much of last year. There was too much reliance on the starting five and too little substitution forcing us to start a couple of really green guys next year. T-Bob and Hitt are both aggressive players that coaches love, but both are undersized and got pushed around on running plays all year. Dworaczik is playing out of position at guard and I expect him to move to tackle. Both Barksdale and Black got beat on the outside on pass protection all year. Can you say "pocket collapse"?

I put this one on coach Stud. I think our players lacked technique, we didn't play enough guys, we had guys out of position and promising young guys like Blackwell and Lonergan maybe should have started ahead of Hitt and Hebert. At least they should have split time. I think coach Stud may need to move on.

3. Defensive Line. Lack of an effective pass rush has been LSU's only liability on defense, but it's a major one that has cost us. I only hope some young defensive linemen step up and become a dominant player because we just don't have one there. It's Brick Haleys first year at line coach but I ain't impressed so far. He had a lot of players to work with and never found the right combination. He'll get another year, I imagine but he has to find a stud somewhere and build a defensive line around him. It won't be Alem.

4. Offensive scheme. The offense was very predictable all year. Partly because they put too much on a green QB the year before, the simpler offense for Jefferson proved easy for defenses to figure out. It took too long to realize that the "meercat" huddle was hurting consistency. It failed to take advantage of a wildcat quarterback who averaged 7 yards a carry. It failed to take advantage of some fabulous receivers. I still think Crowton is a good OC, but he needs to completely remake the offense or Les must find someone who can.

5. Lack of team leadership.For two seasons now we have seen very little leadership from our team captains. The coaches can't do it all themselves. Team spirit come from within and effective team leaders just have no emerged. Coaching leadership has been sporadic, too. A team must trust that its head coach is managing the game and the position coaches are playing the right people.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Really, because in my world 70% is failing. Also, in what appears to be many of LSU fans opinion 83% is failing, considering that is what Miles record is.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Harrumph.

7. TigerBilly

TigerBilly Freshman

You my friend are an !!!!!!! You must not have watched the Ark game where he knocked the snot out of #3 for ARK.....oh he also had a pick at the beginning of the game....

Oh wait!!!! He also won us the game against Moo U on 2!!! TWO!!!!!! back to back plays......but i guess it is easy for someone to post on a computer about someone not "having the heart anymore", especially when they themselves would never in their dreams be able to play football at LSU, let alone college football in general....

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Day-um.