What does it mean to be conservative and Republican today?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The population today is more educated than ever and the least informed ever. Or is that over informed with whatever drivel some idiot posts on Facebook or Twitter. What does that say about the quality of higher education in the USA?

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Yeah and if that above long dissertation on what the constitution stands for and how much you believe in it yet at the same time you hate what Trump is trying to do which is all conservative things. Don't think I am ignorant for seeing what Pelosi and Schmer stand for. Instead of me being ignorant I what call it being minimally observant.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

People don’t want to hear anything that doesn’t fit into their ideological belief system. Even if it’s fact. So they surrounded themselves on social media with likeminded folk and eventually that turns into an echo chamber. It’s so easy to manipulate people using social media. I could go into an anti Hillary group on Facebook and post that Stephen King’s inspiration for Pennywise the evil clown came from Hillary Clinton and they would repost and it start telling likeminded folk the same thing. You could do the same thing with Trump. No fact check, no nothing just repost and believe. I am pretty sure that just summed up Kid Kaka’s entire being.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Small gvt, low taxes, strong military.

mctiger and watson1880 like this.
  5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Conservative/liberal/Democrat/Republican are things we are blindly told to hang our hats on.

The real enemy....the real opposition...

IS THE LOBBYIST WHO PAYS CONGRESS TO REPRESENT THEM INSTEAD OF THE PEOPLE !!!!

Giving money to congressmen is treasonous. Congressmen accepting money from lobbyists should get the death penalty within 6 months of their conviction !!!

GiantDuckFan and Bengal B like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

That’s ideal. But how do you achieve that? How do you ensure the military budget is being spent properly? To me most of our defense budget should be spent on cyber defense and technology. Not 700 tanks that sit in a parking lot.

7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

although your statement has validity.... those 700 tanks are a visible deterrent.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

To whom? Someone trying to rob Lockheed’s parking lot?

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

we have not lost an abrams to another tank...that is a strong deterrent...

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Of course but what does that mean? It changes through the years as life gets more complex, defense challenges vary sometimes quickly. What was sufficient 230 years, 100, years even 50 years ago isn’t today in any of these arenas. It’s critical we hold to our values and demand the best from our representatives.

shane0911 likes this.