What does it take to get Tom Herman

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Sep 28, 2016.

1. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

We know Meyer and Saban are never going to leave their respective programs to come to LSU. I do not believe Fisher will be coming either, if his comments about "will be a Seminole for a very long time" comments are true. Or has he learned from Saban how to silence rumors only to leave anyway?

That leaves Tom Herman. What do you think it'll take to get him in P&G? Unless LSU approaches him with a $5M/yr check, and total control of the team, I don't see how he is enticed to leave Houston. Thoughts?

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

All hell is breaking out about big 12 expansion, with Oklahoma doing an about face and right now it doesn't look good for the immediate future for expansion. If Houston goes power-5 conference, I understand Herman gets $5 mil/season. If they don't pull the trigger very soon you gotta shot. Theoretically speaking.

GregLSU and LSUTiga like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

LSU would pay more than that with guarantees and bonuses for various things if he would come to LSU and it would be worth it.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Forget what Fisher said. All coaches say things like that no matter what their intentions may be if offered a job

Richdog likes this.
  5. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Add David Shaw to that list (I keep seeing his name thrown around here lately). He apparently has no interest in coming to LSU either...

Stanford's Shaw seemed less than amused with an LSU question.
    "Are you serious," Shaw asked, according to ESPN.com. "The answer is no."

Here are Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher, Stanford coach David Shaw's answers to LSU questions Monday...
    There is also a video of Tom Herman on that article.

6. LaSalleAve

Why would Shaw leave his alma mater? That was a pipe dream.

LSU Strength likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

I wish these fucking reporters would shut the fuck up. They are sabotaging shit.

TheRealist, Richdog and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Every coach is going to mock a reporter for asking about another job 4 weeks into the season and shut the door with an immediate "hell no". The fact that reporters are even asking the question right is Ludacris and they should be kicked out of the room.

I wouldn't read too much into any coaches responses 4 weeks into the season at their respective schools.

TheRealist and Richdog like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Understatement

No one knows anything. For some reason they (big 12 and OU) were under the impression they could get another pile of money, like millions, on top of their current deal if they expanded. The networks have come out and said ,"uh, are you out of your mind"

So now it appears they are back to not expanding if they can't find "quality" programs to expand with. What does that mean? I'm going to assume BYU or better types. Not a lot of those out there.

Oct 17th is the vote. Trouble is we don't know what they are voting on. Could be to expand or not, could be what schools to go with, could be both could be neither. Something happens on 17 Oct.

GregLSU and TUSKtimes like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There is no pile of money to be had other than the initial fee for membership that new schools would have to pay. After that the revenue split would include the new members and be a drag on the share of OU and the rest. There are NO "quality programs" on a par with the existing members. Even Houston would add nothing. There would still be lots more Texas fans in Houston than Houston fans.