What does it take to get Tom Herman

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Sep 28, 2016.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

gonna be a long ass time before we hire anyone. the media is out of control just the few times I had a chance to turn on secn or espn. Its like an LSU discussion 24/7 or my timing is impeccable.

the media will make this much harder than it needs to be but thats what they get paid for i suppose.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2016
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I can only imagine, it's the same way here in Oklahoma even on the local shows. It's all they can talk about. They even had Moscona on today (I missed it) but apparently he said Stoops is on the list and that sent them into a frenzy. Maybe he did it on purpose idk.

lsu-i-like and furduknfish like this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He gets a 5 million dollar bonus paid over the first two years of being in the big 12, that is it

GregLSU likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The 24 hour news cycle will turn back to the field Saturday when games start to be played. What is the o/a for number of Miles/coaching search references on each game televisedI?

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

At least 2-3 mentions every game.

6. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

It's in most coach's contracts ---

If they accept a job at another school during their current contract, there is an amount that is owed to the current school. Typically, the new school will pay that buyout. It's a means of deterring other schools from attempting to lure the coach away, and it's also a means of recovering some of the money that will be spent on hiring a new coach.

7. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Not much better here in Tennessee. Instead of talking about the job Butch is doing with the volunteers, they are talking about Les. They have already ruled out the top candidates and have us talking to mid level coaches that have never even coached in any capacity at a major school. They think we are dead in the water as a destination school, calling out the admin for the way they handled a HOF coach. The sentiment is " who will work for an admin that treats their coaches that way."

Guess it's like watching a train wreck. There is no news like bad news. Seems the media today would rather search or implicate "sensationalism" instead of just reporting the story in front of them. It's what our society as evolved into folks, get used to it.

8. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

If Tom Herman is the guy, then offer him 6 Million and be done with it. Don't fart around. Don't mess around with anybody else. Offer him the 6 and don't look back!..................

(I would really want O and Aranda on the new staff. Maybe keep Ensminger around in some capacity as an Admin, Consultant or something. Everybody else is expendable)

tzanghi likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think Herman and Aranda are good friends. I bet he would at least get to stay. O is too good of a Recruiter to lose.

GregLSU likes this.
  10. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

But you and I both believe that as soon as they can afford it they will spend extravagantly on their best investment. Just looks bleak for Houston and the big 12 at this point. My guess is that Herman knows exactly how bad LSU wants him at this juncture and his agent is earning his money.

LSU_4_LIFE, islstl and GregLSU like this.