What does Saban's new contract mean for LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by VampMuse, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

So what exactly do you two want?

Your hatred of Les Miles is so intense that you would trade national championships just to have him gone? You want to go back to .500 seasons so ticket prices will be more affordable?

Do you realize how ridiculous and at the same time how illuminating these sentiments are? Help me understand how statements and attitudes like this reveal:

1. Rational or logical thought processes
    2. How this could even tangentially come from an actual fan of LSU
    3. What incentive the team would ever have to excel

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

And then?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. BP

BP Founding Member

Snappy comeback.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Dude, 1st was sarcasm and the second was rational, though a bit pessimistic.

I'd love for it to happen, but real question... Is there a cap that lsu can afford? I don't think we'd win a bidding war with Texas.

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I agree that should Texas make an offer to Miles, LSU needs to set a ceiling as to what they are willing to pay and if Texas offers way more we thank Les for his years here and wish him well at Texas.

I don't know what that limit is but if Les is producing results commensurate with the top 5 coaches in the NCAA, the market will determine where that salary should be. The football team brings in exponentially more money annually than what the market for top tier coaches is, however.

Let me ask you this: if you knew that hiring a coach would bring LSU 3 more national championships over the next 10 years, what would you be willing to pay that coach per year?

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

And then?

7. dudley

dudley oops!

Well, it means that Saban won't be going to Texas and now that Brown has retired it might mean that a pretty good OL coach(and terrific recruiter) might become available and maybe CLM might ought to give him a call for a friendly chat.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Uh no

LSUDad likes this.
  9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

It means that Leslie missed out on a chance to run the SEC west. And now Leslie will have to continue to work hard to win on the recruiting trail and beat Lil Napoleon on the field more times than not. Time to knock Lil Napoleon off of his high horse for a few years, claim the top spot in recruiting over Lil Napoleon, and give the gumps something else to shoot each other over.

furduknfish and Pintoracer like this.
  10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I want to win the power ball.
    Find a message where I said I wanted Miles fired...or that i didn't want to win national championships.
    I want him to stay home on saturdays. We'd win more than 80% of games then.
    So, if we win 2 more national championships in a few years...how many people here will be able to afford tickets? I won't...unless I win the powerball, which goes back to my message about winning powerball to afford tickets.

diamondheadtiger and furduknfish like this.