What does this mean for USC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by soupertiger, Oct 9, 2007.

1. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

2. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

If this were to happen then USC would have no BCS championship while Pete has been coach at USC.

3. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

UPDATE on Bush/USC NCAA Investigaton

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3056397

"LOS ANGELES -- A sports marketer who allegedly made improper payments to Reggie Bush while the Heisman Trophy winner was still at Southern California has agreed to meet with NCAA investigators and provide documentation of financial transactions between the two, according to a report.

Should NCAA investigators find that Bush received improper benefits, USC could be forced to forfeit games. The school could face other sanctions if it's proven that coaches knew or should have known about the alleged benefits.

The Times also quoted an unidentified source familiar with the situation that NCAA officials tried to include USC in the meeting with Lake, but the school declined to participate."

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

NCAA/Bush/USC

Did anyone else see the thing on ESPN about one of the agents involved with the R Bush scandal agreeing to talk to the NCAA (on the record). Report said the guy has a shady past though so I'm sure that will be the card the other side plays to get out from under the charges.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

You're right, they only went to Rose Bowl that year while we were beating OU for the MNC. Reggie was their leading rusher in the non-National Championship game they played in however.

6. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

Boy, Troy is beginning to crumble.

7. StarsofOrion

StarsofOrion Founding Member

I don't know why people view USC as a "dynasty" at all.

USC was horrible in the 1990s, and since Carroll has been there, he has won only 1 BCS national championship.

Sure, a great winning record, but its like Tubby at Auburn.

A very, very impressive win-loss record but very few championships to show for it.

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'll believe USC gets hit with schollie losses, much less the death penalty and/or rescinded national championship, when I see it.

9. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Awards taken away and or some form of punishment on the program at some future date. Ive never been one to agree with all that, if the coaching staff or someone connected to them knew about all this and didnt speak up, its justifiable of course, but if it involves just a single player then any punishment on the program seems very unfair.

:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet:

1 person likes this.
  10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Someone should've told that to the NCAA 10 years ago after the Lester Earl investigation.